I got mad at the XD... took a wood rasp to it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big-Tex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright folks, this ain't a fashion show, and I don't ever plan on getting rid of this gun. I know it looks ghetto, but I kinda have a thing for ugly mutt guns.

First I took a wood rasp and shaved the "checkering" off the front strap, then I stuck on the skate board tape. Academy had hot pink and blue. Blue's my favorite color, so that's what happened. The good part is that this gun stick to your hand like glue. I'm happy.

ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn261_twodollarjohnston_DSCF2253.jpg

ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn261_twodollarjohnston_DSCF2254.jpg

ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn261_twodollarjohnston_DSCF2255.jpg

ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn261_twodollarjohnston_DSCF2256.jpg

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well it it works for you then awesome........ probably wouldve gotten mike at accurate iron to stipple the grip though, or cut the strips to contor with the rest of the grip pattern better, just my :twocents:.

BUT that looks like it would definately feel solid in the hands.

Big-Tex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, in an ideal world I would have had the grip reduced and stippled. However, I'm a broke college kid, as you can see I took the pictures on my school book. lol I refrain from a lot of my crazy ideas, but this one had been lurking for quite sometime, so I acted.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My two cents, pretty is as pretty does. I did the same thing to the finger grooves on my G17, just dont like finger grooves.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
indeed i agree with the brokeness. but there is also that fun of fixing and doing certain projects of your own that really make a difference than having someone else do the fixin for you. and best of all you always learn from each event and figure out what works and what doesnt. We all have to start somewhere those that are good/better at these things just have been at it longer than the rest of us. Either way if it works it works and no matter waht thats what matters in the end.

Big-Tex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks y'all. I defientely enjoy doing a little gunsmithing here and there. Like friends and even my dad has said. I've got balls to take a dremel to my 870 or a rasp to my XD. I love doing it, and when it works out, great. When it doesn't, oh well, we don't get to take these toys with us when we die, so we might has well have fun now.

Jeff_1

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
looks terrible but if it works for you thats all that matters, 2 of my XD's are all beat up and worn from use and look like crap but I like them

Latest posts

Top Bottom