I had twenty rifles, now I'm down to eight.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Multiple safes. But am making headway.
Yeah ... πŸ™„πŸ™„ About that ... πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„ Sheesh ... πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

Can you tell I'm ... Ahem ... "Frustrated" πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

Sure would be nice if the guns would make their way from the closets πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„ ... Yes, the tops and the bottoms of said closetSSSSSS πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„ ... Yes that is PLURAL πŸ™„πŸ™„ ... As in ALL OF THEM πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„ ... And the dresser drawers πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„ ... And the table tops (ALL the tables that have tops πŸ™„πŸ™„) ... The trunks of cars (ALL the cars πŸ™„πŸ™„) ... The bookshelves πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„ ... The floor next to "someone's" chair πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„ AND the garage πŸ™„πŸ™„ ...

Seriously guys ... OMG ... 🀨

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
See now I still say the gun owner's prayer "O Lord if I die please don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them!" LOL

My "list" has Make, Model, S/N, "approx value" (updated yearly) and to sell or who gets it.

I shudder at the thought of her selling for "what I paid".
She has been instructed to sell them here, hope you remember me well, if you see a "too good to be true" listing.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been doing the same process for the past couple of years, especially handguns. I have some damage in my right hand, and only certain ones work with that issue, so the rest have left the nest. Long guns have also been moving to new homes. My younger brother has done quite well.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My "list" has Make, Model, S/N, "approx value" (updated yearly) and to sell or who gets it.

She has been instructed to sell them here, hope you remember me well, if you see a "too good to be true" listing.
I have GOT to update mine. My wife has brought it up a times. There are reasons why I don’t want her involvedπŸ˜‰

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First off I am healthy and nothing wrong! Just getting on up there and this is a situation that everyone will have to address.

I have a young man that is a member here that agreed to help the wife if something was to happen to me unexpectedly. I have known him from here for years and trust him.

But the way Patty mentioned to a youth group sounds like a wonderful way to go to keep promoting our beloved hobby and 2nd Amendment of the Constitution.

I still have a few years left in me, all my teeth, still strong and a full head of hair! Not too bad for half way from 60 to 70! LOL!

Last edited:

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
have thought about letting them all choose 2-3 they’d like and just giving them to them now.

There's an up-side to gifting, or at least letting them choose,,,
While you're still up and above ground.

You get the satisfaction of seeing their faces.

I told my longest time friend that he could choose now,,,
Which pistols he will get when I take the dirt nap.

I'm keeping them to enjoy while I'm still here,,,
But the look on his face was very satisfying.

I let him choose from these pairs:
S&W Models 15 in .38 Special & 18 in .22 LR.
S&W Models 36 in .38 Special and 34 in .22 LR
CZ-75B in 9mm and 75B Kadet in .22 LR
Beretta Models 85 in .380 and 87 in .22 LR
Bersa Thunder 380 and Thunder 22 (nickle plated)
Matching pair of Ruger 22/45 Mk-III (stainless steel)

He chose the CZ-75B and 75B Kadet,,,
I'm trying to wear them out first.

Aarond

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I bought some hang tags to put on mine. Now if I can only find where I put that package.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like several of you fellas, Grumpy and I have no one to leave anything to. And I've mentioned this before here, so I'll mention it again. Will give you guys with something to consider ...

I have put everything we own (including firearms) into a trust and created 2 pourover wills that will bequeath everything to the surviving spouse, and then when the last one of us passed everything will go to the Oklahoma Youth Hunting Program.

https://www.oyhp.org/home

Dusty @Oklahomabassin is our trustee. I can't think of a better group to leave our collection to than these gentlemen. And Dusty is absolutely a man of integrity -- he will make sure the money generated from the sale of the guns and ammo we have (or he will make sure the guns and ammo he keeps for the kids to use is used properly and by who it is meant to be used by -- the kids going on a hunt) will be used to enrich the lives of as many kids as possible for as long as it lasts. 🀷

Anyway ... Maybe consider doing something like that?? 🀷🀷
Thank you for the shout out! Oklahoma Youth Hunting Program is completely ran by Volunteers. We have Deer Camps for Youth and a Parent/Guardian from non hunting homes. We provide everything except transportation to the camps. We teach gun safety, marksmanship, game I.D. and game care/processing. We take about 70 Youth out each year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom