I hate all these out of state transplants!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JokerofDeath

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kind of sounds like maybe niece did something wrong too.
Yeah, she didn’t anticipate someone crossing a double yellow to go around her
IMG_2363.gif

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll have to disagree having known too many people in my family and otherwise who came back and many before 1941 . There was a war industry all over the US not just the west and east coasts .
That may be the case with your family however the Oklahoma population numbers from 1932-1946+ don’t reflect that happening.
1688658067127.jpeg

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That may be the case with your family however the Oklahoma population numbers from 1932-1946+ don’t reflect that happening. View attachment 390675

My statement remains true none the less since you chose to try to take what I said out of context ... I was replying to @Chuckie when he commented about most Oklahoman's staying in California and its well documented that from 1935-40 that 250,000 Okies went to California . Okie referred to people of the region as a pejorative . Not everyone from Oklahoma went to California during that time span many went to other places so for you to make the claim based on the population exodus that they all went to California is just as dishonest as you taking my response out of context.

I'll leave that there and then point back to my comment about people being uninformed and thinking they're informed

Last edited:

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My statement remains true none the less since you chose to try to take what I said out of context ... I was replying to @Chuckie when he commented about most Oklahoman's staying in California and its well documented that from 1935-40 that 250,000 Okies went to California . Okie referred to people of the region as a pejorative . Not everyone from Oklahoma went to California during that time span many went to other places so for you to make the claim to make the claim based on the population exodus that they all went to California is just as dishonest as you taking my response out of context.

I'll leave that there and then point back to my comment about people being uninformed and thinking they're informed
I very much agree about people thinking they are informed based only on their own personal experience. One problem with a lot of people here is that they have the 'its my way or the highway' attitude even IF they are shown that what they believe is not entirely true.
Came across the same thing from several of the 'ole Kansas farmers when I lived in Hutchinson, you know, the 80+ year old guys that have never been outside of their county and only knew what they knew . . . so EVERYBODY else was wrong!

To reiterate, most 'Dust Bowl' refugees that left (most to California) found good paying jobs, bought houses, sent their kids to schools, and generally made a good life for themselves, only leaving when they could no longer afford to live in California based on their [eventual] retirement pay. Sure, a few probably did come back to Oklahoma as soon as they could after the 'Dust Bowl' crisis was reduced, but most no longer owned their land/farms (repossessed by the bank) so they had nothing to come back to, and the Red/Blue (Conservative/Liberal) State divide wasn't really a thing 85 years ago.

Most of those refugees simply found a better, easier (than farming) life in a land that had better weather and more recreational things for their kids to do than Oklahoma had.

Last edited:

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As far as drivers are concerned, I can't even say how many states that I have driven in over my 63 years of licensed driving, but BY FAR, the worst drivers are in Rhode Island.

At the same time, there are a good number of them that will stop and allow one to turn left, even if it means stopping all the cars behind them. Sadly, the crazy stupid drivers outweigh the good drivers.
I went to culinary school in Providence and those people were the rudest people I've ever encountered.

Latest posts

Top Bottom