I just found the best broadhead ever!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the G5 strikers and love them. I haven't shot a deer with them yet. When I switched from field points to the strikers I didn't have to adjust anything. They fly just like field points.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have the G5 strikers and love them. I haven't shot a deer with them yet. When I switched from field points to the strikers I didn't have to adjust anything. They fly just like field points.

Good to know... I'd really like to try them out. I may switch to fixed blade this year and the G5 product line is really impressive.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best broadhead ever made. No gimmicks. Just well built, accurate broadheads.

I've tuned and tuned and tuned my bow and still can't get thunderheads to group with my field tips. They work great on game and group well. I used them one year and loved the results but I got sick of having to practice with broadheads.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good to know... I'd really like to try them out. I may switch to fixed blade this year and the G5 product line is really impressive.

The key to switching is going to be ensuring your bow is tuned and so are your arrows. Mechanicals cover alot of this up.

Over the years I'm becoming more and more a fan of good old cut on contact fixed blade heads. I've seen and heard of too many things going wrong with the mechs. I'll still use them occationally but only under certain conditions with the right set up.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The key to switching is going to be ensuring your bow is tuned and so are your arrows. Mechanicals cover alot of this up.

Over the years I'm becoming more and more a fan of good old cut on contact fixed blade heads. I've seen and heard of too many things going wrong with the mechs. I'll still use them occationally but only under certain conditions with the right set up.

Yeah, I need to get a broadhead target so I can play around with my setup.

Reaction score
This year I'm using NAP Thunderhead 3 blade 100s.

But I've used Muzzy 3 blade, Muzzy 4 blade, Eastman First-Cut 2 blade, & Magnus Stinger/Buzzcut 3-blade before.

I don't do mechanicals anymore. Little bit of mud/dirt gets in there and they're worthless. Luckily I noticed this before I tried to shoot something with them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom