I need a heavy duty (ish) automotive/farm tractor battery charger.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking at this (it's recommended on a website "motor1.com."

Schumacher SC1280 15A 6V/12V Fully Automatic Battery Charger​

s-l1600.png

It's got to run (and charge) off a Honda generator.

Suggestions?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless technology has surpassed the laws of physics, those cables look too small for heavy duty charging. Just an observation.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Schumaker makes good chargers. The cables look good enough for 15 amps. Just be aware of the limitations of the charger. It isn't going to jump-start anything with 15 amps. My main battery charger is a NOCO G26000 and I have a harbor freight one as a backup.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Schumaker makes good chargers. The cables look good enough for 15 amps. Just be aware of the limitations of the charger. It isn't going to jump-start anything with 15 amps. My main battery charger is a NOCO G26000 and I have a harbor freight one as a backup.
How about this?
Schumacher Pro Automotive 12-Volt Battery Charger and 80-Amp Engine Starter with Maintainer and Boost Mode

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about this?
Schumacher Pro Automotive 12-Volt Battery Charger and 80-Amp Engine Starter with Maintainer and Boost Mode
Snattle would be right about those cables. I don't see that charger jumping anything large with a dead or really weak battery. Choosing a charger depends on what kind of vehicles or equipment you need it for and how often or important it is to use it to justify the cost. To keep things simple and compact, I use a NOCO GBX155 as a jump pack when I need something to start and then the charger to recharge the battery when I don't need to use the vehicle/equipment.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few months ago, I bought the Schumacher Farm and Ranch 6V/12V 200A Battery Charger/Maintainer/Engine Starter from Tractor Supply.

So far it has worked great to quickly recharge a full size 12V deep cycle battery I used to run a 65 gallon herbicide spray rig in the bed of my Kawasaki Mule. Left it in OK hooked up as a maintainer.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a NOCO 4000 watt jumper, and it crapped out right after the warranty went out. The company basically told me tough luck. It worked great when it worked, but for the price, I won’t recommend their crap to anyone. :censored:

I‘ve gone back to the old jumper box that’s still working after 10 years, and it and my battery charger came from Tractor Supply.

Latest posts

Top Bottom