I now own three S&W 642's; sort of

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
more is better, lol. at least you know who and what they are carrying. lol.

have you ever owned a 637 or 638? I prefer a hammer, and thinking I like the 638 for snagfree carry, but still be able to go single action.

I would like a 637...the 638 is just butt-ugly to me. People like surjimmy carry 'em; dang pimpmasters.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

have you ever owned a 637 or 638? I prefer a hammer, and thinking I like the 638 for snagfree carry, but still be able to go single action.

I want a 637; think that may be my next handgun purchase.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I bought a 638 and loved it. The single action option is nice, but I found that I never use it. I did find that the channel for the hammer is great for picking up lint if you pocket carry. My wife now has the 638 and I carry a 642. I have a 640 pro on layaway and cannot wait to bail it out. I might not shoot much .357 out of it, but I really like the idea of an all steel, no lock, shrouded hammer j frame.

Dangit. Now I REALLY want to pay the thing off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom