Driving through geese.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When geese do that I’ve slowly inched forward through them and they get out of the way.

Although I don’t understand the common sentiment that animal lovers have where they’re ok with violence being inflicted upon humans with different views. But they’ll freak when animals get hurt

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When geese do that I’ve slowly inched forward through them and they get out of the way.

Although I don’t understand the common sentiment that animal lovers have where they’re ok with violence being inflicted upon humans with different views. But they’ll freak when animals get hurt

I don’t agree to violence against humans who have differing views, but when a human hurts an animal needlessly then the human needs punished.
So I believe the difference lies in the fact that the Animals need Humans to stand up for them when abuse happens. Like that possum I mentioned above, it could not defend itself against the human ass wipe who decided to kill it arbitrarily with his ATV.

Last edited:

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m guessing that I may be one of the few who have had a deer hit me. She was in the bar ditch at night and apparently panicked as I drove past (~50 mph). She ran into the back, passenger quarter panel and bumper. She was hurt. I called the game ranger and he said to put her out of her misery. My misery came when I had to get the vehicle repaired.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That would be nice! I cut a deer horn off a dead deer inside a car that impaled in a guys chest. While doing so, the guy stated “Why the hell don’t they stay off the road” Haaaa!
Careful now. That is claiming an unnaturally shed antler and subject to fines. Those road killed deer antlers are the true hazard to public safety. Dont ever touch one lest you be ticketed.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hit a raccoon on highway 169 in Tulsa at 0600 one morning. I was doing about 80 and it looked like he flashed across in front of me at about 25.

He didn’t make it.
I had the same thing happen to me about 0200 on the Turner Turnpike just east of the Wellston exit. I was doing 75 and was just getting ready to start slowing to take the exit when that fat bastard trash panda hopped the divider on the median and tried to make it to the side of the road before I got there.

Sadly, he learned that I don't swerve to avoid varmints, not that I had time to do so even if I'd wanted. His calculations were a bit off (trash pandas aren't very good at calculus), so he intersected with my car, busting the front bumper cover and mashing the AC condenser back into the radiator, then, as a final FU on his way out, ripping down the fairing that went from the bumper cover the the front subframe. Little bastard did $5,500 worth of damage, but I guess I got the last laugh, as the car is still on the road.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m guessing that I may be one of the few who have had a deer hit me.
Nope, I had that happen on 177 on a foggy night. I came down into a clear patch where the road dipped under the fog bank, and there was this buck standing on the centerline. I was already going slow because of the pea soup fog, but I slowed down even more and crept past him. Just as he was past my driver-side door, the dumb son of a buck whirled and ran into the side of the bed.

Fortunately, he didn't do any damage to my truck in his dumbassery.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a Grand Prix hit a 1500 lbs black Brahma bull at about 75 mph one night on highway 412. The bull rolled over the car smashing the windshield, the roof, the back window and trunk lid.

He then got up and started snorting at folks who stopped to check out the accident.

That was not pretty.

Animals should learn not to stand in the road.
I have a friend that hit an Angus bull in his Monte Carlo at night doing the same. It took first responders an hour to get him out of the vehicle and he spent months in the hospital getting put back together.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m guessing that I may be one of the few who have had a deer hit me. She was in the bar ditch at night and apparently panicked as I drove past (~50 mph). She ran into the back, passenger quarter panel and bumper. She was hurt. I called the game ranger and he said to put her out of her misery. My misery came when I had to get the vehicle repaired.
Buddy had a buck hit him from the ditch. Antlers got hooked into the running boards. before he could shut down. The buck bounced back and forth putting more damage into the doors before he could get stopped.
He also called the GW and got permission to dispatch.

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Geese have always been around in city ponds, lakes and golf courses. Yes they're poop gets old and have to wait on them in the road but I have had around and they visit my yard everyday and seem more like pets than the enemy. To think these majestic birds survive being hunted in the winter all over the world and to survive and come to your neighborhood to reproduce because they feel a sense of protection from the humans in populated areas. Then some heartless butt hole takes them out in a car because they cant wait a minute for them to clear the roadway. Karma can be a *****!

Latest posts

Top Bottom