I now own three S&W 642's; sort of

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought one. My wife glommed onto it, so I bought another. Then my daughter snagged that one for her own. So I bought another. Good thing they are taking these relatively inexpensive little revolvers away from me rather than the high-dollar guns I used to own before that terrible canoe mishap I had somewhere along the river! It was night and I couldn't tell you where I was within 20 miles when the capsize occurred...barley escaped with my life and a partially eaten baloney sammich. Had to fight a pack of wild hogs off with a canoe paddle over that damn sammich.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
more is better, lol. at least you know who and what they are carrying. lol.

have you ever owned a 637 or 638? I prefer a hammer, and thinking I like the 638 for snagfree carry, but still be able to go single action.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
more is better, lol. at least you know who and what they are carrying. lol.

have you ever owned a 637 or 638? I prefer a hammer, and thinking I like the 638 for snagfree carry, but still be able to go single action.

I carry a 637, and am keeping my eyes out for a 638. I prefer the LCR to the 642.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I bought one. My wife glommed onto it, so I bought another. Then my daughter snagged that one for her own. So I bought another. Good thing they are taking these relatively inexpensive little revolvers away from me rather than the high-dollar guns I used to own before that terrible canoe mishap I had somewhere along the river! It was night and I couldn't tell you where I was within 20 miles when the capsize occurred...barley escaped with my life and a partially eaten baloney sammich. Had to fight a pack of wild hogs off with a canoe paddle over that damn sammich.

If it wsn't for the damage to my median, an ulnar nerve I'd probably carry one of those light hand cannons. Shooting one of those now even with 148grWC, its like someone beating my hand with a lead babbit. So I'm stuck with steel when it comes to the small guns.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it wsn't for the damage to my median, an ulnar nerve I'd probably carry one of those light hand cannons. Shooting one of those now even with 148grWC, its like someone beating my hand with a lead babbit. So I'm stuck with steel when it comes to the small guns.

Have you tried an LCR? They are a LOT more controllable to me than my J frame airweight. The one that I shot had the Hogue rubber grips and was a joy to shoot. My J frame is a beast in comparison.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First of all Joel drinks a lot, and second he can't count. He most likely was drinking and was looking at his one 442 and saw 3. Yep the more I think about it, I'm sure that's what happened.

Latest posts

Top Bottom