I received a S&W Model 19 (357)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried to sell off a 4" barrel model 19 in 95% or better condition at several gun shows and to other shooters around the Tulsa area, 12-15 yrs. ago, asking $350.00 and got no takers. If I'd nearly give it away at $200.00, they were interested. Took me at least three yrs. before I ran into an interested buyer with the money to spend. Got the $350.00 Ended up taking $200.00 for a model 14 six inch .38 in at least 95% condition. Don't run into very many revolver shooters willing to pay even half of original retail. I would be happily surprised, if I were you and you found a buyer willing to go $400.00-500.00 for your revolver.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well would the revolver be worth more if i had it re-blued or should i just not worry about it??? To be honest i'm not a revolver person and if i don't blue it i will probably let it go with ammo for 400.00 if it is re-blued would i be able to get 500.00???

I charge in the neighborhood of $135 to $160 to restore the model 19, That does include parts to tighten it up and assure a good trigger, but you can see that you would not recoupe the cost of a refinish.

That gun in the condition it is in will bring you $350 tops as long as you don't mind hanging onto it for a month or more waiting for the right buyer, or $250 for a right now sell. The ammo is worth something too, you can expect to get $12 to $18 per box of 50 depending on what it is.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I disagree on the low end figures some are saying. If it's got mechanical issues, sure $250-300. If it has no mechanical issues, $325-375.

People are getting $300 for an excellent condition Taurus these days. This one may have worn bluing and mechanical wear, but it's still a S&W.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
already sold it for 330.00 the cylinder has no wiggle and rotated perfect when pulling the trigger. There was also no wiggle when trying to move the cylinder while pulling the trigger. Mechanical wise it was in mint condition just had a lot of holster wear but was rarely shot.

T.R.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
already sold it for 330.00 the cylinder has no wiggle and rotated perfect when pulling the trigger. There was also no wiggle when trying to move the cylinder while pulling the trigger. Mechanical wise it was in mint condition just had a lot of holster wear but was rarely shot.

Goodonya! Since it was mechanically sound, I would say $330 was a decent deal for both parties.

Latest posts

Top Bottom