I Told You They Weren't Paying Our Military Enough

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AIR FORCE CHAPLAIN BUSTED FOR SHOPLIFTING IN
GERMANY - MUSLIM CLERIC CPT SHARIOR RAHMAN
FOUND GUILTY OF STEALING GROCERIES FROM AN
EDEKA STORE IN HAMBURG - ALSO FOR SAME
CRIME AT RAMSTEIN BASE - AMERICANS LET HIM
OFF WITH NO CHARGE - POLITICAL CORRECTNESS,
PERHAPS? - WOULD A CATHOLIC OR PROTESTANT
CHAPLAIN GOT OFF SO EASY? - www.Militarycorruption.com

Double Standards?

Last edited:

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would say, they are just thieves. However the military does not get paid near enough. In the mid 80's as a Lcpl in the Marines. I qualified for Government assistance. Thank goodness my Wife had a wallpaper business to help with the bills.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Today's Military is better paid than what is reflected in the actual pay charts. Base pay+BAH+Rations+clothing allowance= good money.
Example: An E-6 Staff Sergeant at Fort Sill w/ 10yrs service makes a total of $5,114.00 a month if married. $61,370.00 a year is not bad money at all. Add to that the fact that if they retire at 20 years without further promotion, they will receive $1925.85 a month for the rest of their life, $23,110.00 a year. Furthermore this does not include any VA entitlements based on injuries or Educational benefits received through the various GI type bills. Never gonna get rich as a Soldier, but you can be more than comfortable in the end.

This is all public record @ 2017 pay rates.

David

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today's Military is better paid than what is reflected in the actual pay charts. Base pay+BAH+Rations+clothing allowance= good money.
Example: An E-6 Staff Sergeant at Fort Sill w/ 10yrs service makes a total of $5,114.00 a month if married. $61,370.00 a year is not bad money at all. Add to that the fact that if they retire at 20 years without further promotion, they will receive $1925.85 a month for the rest of their life, $23,110.00 a year. Furthermore this does not include any VA entitlements based on injuries or Educational benefits received through the various GI type bills. Never gonna get rich as a Soldier, but you can be more than comfortable in the end.

David
LOl, my first monthly paycheck after taxes was $60 some dollars as an E1. About a year or so after that, they raised the pay to over double that. Wife and baby got an allowance, but still had to sell plasma to make ends meet for awhile.
Don't know if they still only pay monthly, but that's a long time between paydays.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 2018, an E-1 under two years in the service will receive $1,599.84 and if he or she is married it's another $1,212 for housing which equals $2,811.84. Then one has to add Separate Rations which is $380.81 (That is because they don't eat in the Dining Hall on-post/base. This brings our total to $3,192.65 per month if married which equals $19.95 per hour. Unmarried equals $9.90 per hour with chow in the dining hall and rooms in the barracks
Note this is for a slick-sleeve who has virtually no rank and is at the bottom of the military food chain.
And, if this E-1 marries another E-1 pay doubles to $6,384.00 per month Not bad for kids right out of high school. There if they are overseas there is more $$. I saw a sign in Chic-A-Filet the other day and they pay new employees $12.00 per hour. Of course, Chic-A-Filet employees don't get yelled at very often and aren't shot at too often either.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOl, my first monthly paycheck after taxes was $60 some dollars as an E1. About a year or so after that, they raised the pay to over double that. Wife and baby got an allowance, but still had to sell plasma to make ends meet for awhile.
Don't know if they still only pay monthly, but that's a long time between paydays.

My time was from 1978-81 and they were paying twice a month then. Even as a 2LT, it still didn't stretch very far.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

David

What was the pay like when you served?

Latest posts

Top Bottom