I was so excited to get my box from MidwayUSA on Friday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a box the other day from Amazon from UPS that had a Galco Miami II shoulder holster in it and the box arrived OPENED. It was obvious someone pulled the flaps hard enough to tear it from one side of the tape. I have no doubt who ever did it was looking to take a portion of what was inside but since it was a single product they couldn't deliver an empty box that was open. UPS has really started dragging bottom, I've had more problems with open or damaged packages in the last year than I ever have.

doubt it was driver... shippers need to take more care when taping packages. They are supposed to follow UPS guidelines when taping boxes closed-3 strips per top and bottom

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
doubt it was driver... shippers need to take more care when taping packages. They are supposed to follow UPS guidelines when taping boxes closed-3 strips per top and bottom

I ship a lot UPS, and I must have missed the "3 strips per top and bottom". Could you link to the UPS document that requires this?

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Admittedly the open box didn't have the recommended 3 strips of tape so who's to say but I've had several issues with the packages from UPS. I do have a question for you is how come UPS drivers don't ring the doorbell anymore when they drop off packages? Is that a policy thing?

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Admittedly the open box didn't have the recommended 3 strips of tape so who's to say but I've had several issues with the packages from UPS. I do have a question for you is how come UPS drivers don't ring the doorbell anymore when they drop off packages? Is that a policy thing?

I don't know one driver that doesn't ring or knock.... USPS are not required

actually supposed to honk and announce "UPS" while walking up to residences....

that method, IMO, kind of draws too much attention to others in the area that are up to no good (including dogs... lol)

Last edited:

berettaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i get many many packages from UPS,so much that we're almost on a first name basis,kirk(my driver)always appalogises when a box is banged/nicked up a little."yea I saw the name on the package and drug it down a gravel/dirt road the last 2 miles behind the truck" or "I tried to desrtoy it completly but the shipper must have pack the crap out of it." :rollingla
Moral of the story: it's not the drivers fault.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i get many many packages from UPS,so much that we're almost on a first name basis,kirk(my driver)always appalogises when a box is banged/nicked up a little."yea I saw the name on the package and drug it down a gravel/dirt road the last 2 miles behind the truck" or "I tried to desrtoy it completly but the shipper must have pack the crap out of it." :rollingla
Moral of the story: it's not the drivers fault.

+rep.... wish we had that

Latest posts

Top Bottom