I wish this guy was our first black president

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The same argument could be made for the many Christian/Roman-Catholic/Jewish wars that have been fought throughout the years (i.e. those folks were following exactly what their book says).

Anything can be taken out of context and I doubt everyone giving Col. Allen the big head-nod has actually read the Quraan.

I've got two copies of it here and I argue/debate with a couple of Muslims on a regular basis. The same points that Col West uses to say that Islamist extremist terrorists are doing exactly what the Quraan says can be used against Christianity (and exactly this false-hood is printed on numerous pro-Islam web sites).

The Quraan is like the bible in the respect that its subject to interpretation against itself - meaning that if you can find one thing (out of context) that says something specific and another point that contradicts that first point, there must be some defining context for one of the two points.

The bible has several examples that seem contradictory to the untrained eye, but upon further reading, there are actually different circumstances that explain the reason for the change in direction.

There are several things that God specifically commanded at one point in the bible that now-days Christians can't say "God commanded it, so we should all still be doing" because it was later superseded by another command (if you're a Christian, Peter's dream about unclean/clean food illustrates this in Acts 10:9-16 - this is why Christians can now enjoy catfish :D).

Do I agree with most of what's in the Quraan? No. Do I judge it based on what I heard on the internet or what someone else told me? No.

Col. Allen has a lot of his history correct, but the reasoning behind it is not Islam - that's like saying that Christianity is the reason behind all of the wars (and there are a lot more) that were started in the name of Christianity or specifically Catholicism during Rome's empire.

I almost totally agree with you. Theologists have debated the sayings of the bible for centuries.
Proof is in the different churches we have now. Babtist, Catholics, Methodists, Lutherans, etc, and so on.
Each have a different understanding of the bible.
I'm not saying one is smarter than the other, or has a better understanding.
Others have done that for me.
The Koran is no different.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would not vote for him based on a few buzz words in video clip.

Nobody would. Based on what we know, I think the guy is great. If skeletons are found in his closet or he takes positions that are unacceptable, the heck with him.
I first heard about him when he fired his Beretta next to a terrorist's head to scare him. It pi$$ed me off when they fired him and ruined his career.
Subject to new negative information, I'd vote for him in a New York minute and take my Texas time enjoying it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom