Illegal immigrants can pass TSA security checkpoints at the airport without identification.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WASHINGTON (TND) — A firestorm has erupted online after it was revealed illegal immigrants can pass TSA security checkpoints at the airport without identification that is required of everyone else. This comes as President Joe Biden said the southern border is not secure and had not been for the past 10 years.

Former Head of Customs and Border Protection Mark Morgan joined The National Desk’s Jan Jeffcoat to discuss the issue.

“It's extremely alarming. This has been going on since day one for the past three years. This is just the first time they posted these procedures for the entire country to see and I think it's important that everyone understands. If you and I went there, the first thing we’d do at most major metropolitan airports is that you put your ID into a machine,” he said. “Something very important is happening there. They're checking that against the series of databases to make sure that you pose no threat. Then when you step up to have your picture taken, what's happening there is facial comparison. They're comparing your photo to the ID to make sure you're the person on the ID. It's a very important needed and effective system.”

New TSA rules allow migrants to use the CBP One app for ID to board a commercial plane. Sen. Ted Cruz wrote a letter to Secretary Mayorkas stating in part, “While Americans must present an acceptable form of identification to fly or at least have their identities confirmed, TSA is permitting illegal aliens without ID to opt for an alternate identity verification process utilizing the CBP One app which takes illegal aliens at their word.”

“The reason why the illegal alien taking their pictures is optional is because there's nothing to compare it to. There is no picture in this system. They're not presenting any government ID with the picture on it. They simply have a piece of paper and this is how this works,” Morgan said. “They come across our border illegally. They leave intentionally their IDs on the Mexican side because it can make it harder for the federal government to identify them. They asked who they are. The illegal alien provides information, we take it down. The majority of the time, we have no way to verify it, but that's who they are. They have a piece of paper and that's what they use to fly anywhere in the United States. This administration is trying to tell us that that doesn't pose a threat. It's absurd.”

https://ktul.com/news/nation-world/...-border-crisis-mexico-us-southern-border-tsa#

This is absolute insanity. These Democrats do not abide by the rule of law at all. The rules that they force on us citizens and then willy-nilly, allowing unverified undocumented illegal aliens to go anywhere in the country is mind blowing and unfathomable. We need to start walking up these traders. I truly believe that this is some tyrant level BS going on, especially with the border. Tyranny and treasonous tyrants.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I look at it differently. They shouldn't be in the country in the first place. And if they are, the only plane they should be getting on is the one taking them out of the country.

For me, the point isn't that they're flying, it's that they're here at all and moving freely about the country with the blessing and assistance of the US government.

And it's BS that they're allowed to freely move about via air travel. I don't care if the excuse that the .gov is establishing an identity for them via this app or not. I don't give a rat's butt who they are now...I wanna know who they were before they came here. And I want them out of the country...I don't care what color, race, religion or nationality they are. If they don't have a bonafide asylum claim they don't belong here.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I look at it differently. They shouldn't be in the country in the first place. And if they are, the only plane they should be getting on is the one taking them out of the country.

For me, the point isn't that they're flying, it's that they're here at all and moving freely about the country with the blessing and assistance of the US government.

And it's BS that they're allowed to freely move about via air travel. I don't care if the excuse that the .gov is establishing an identity for them via this app or not. I don't give a rat's butt who they are now...I wanna know who they were before they came here. And I want them out of the country...I don't care what color, race, religion or nationality they are. If they don't have a bonafide asylum claim they don't belong here.
So if they have a "bonafide asylum claim" they are ok? And how do we establish that, like telepathically? Or do we create a system for them to apply to? Maybe one where they register, get into a system, and then their claim is scheduled for adjudication? Like an app maybe?

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So if they have a "bonafide asylum claim" they are ok? And how do we establish that, like telepathically? Or do we create a system for them to apply to? Maybe one where they register, get into a system, and then their claim is scheduled for adjudication? Like an app maybe?

I know this is gonna sound crazy and probably just scramble your mind, but... Since you're being intentionally obtuse I'll make it simple for you.

We interview them either at a border or even in their own country. They could apply for asylum at an embassy if necessary. Or, yes...we could set up an app or an online system to apply that's only valid if done BEFORE entering the country illegally. The internet and apps work in other countries...just in case you didn't know. If they enter illegally, too f'ing bad. Go back home. And they would have to positively identify themselves whenever possible prior to being allowed to enter the country.

Or, we could just do it your way and let millions into the country to wander around at will, never showing up to their immigration hearings...that are frequently set months...or even years...in the future. That's worked really well for us so far. Just ask any of the untold tens of thousands of victims or crimes committed by these people you seem to adore.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know this is gonna sound crazy and probably just scramble your mind, but... Since you're being intentionally obtuse I'll make it simple for you.

We interview them either at a border or even in their own country. They could apply for asylum at an embassy if necessary. Or, yes...we could set up an app or an online system to apply that's only valid if done BEFORE entering the country illegally. The internet and apps work in other countries...just in case you didn't know. If they enter illegally, too f'ing bad. Go back home. And they would have to positively identify themselves whenever possible prior to being allowed to enter the country.

Or, we could just do it your way and let millions into the country to wander around at will, never showing up to their immigration hearings...that are frequently set months...or even years...in the future. That's worked really well for us so far. Just ask any of the untold tens of thousands of victims or crimes committed by these people you seem to adore.
Don't put words in my mouth son. I never said we should let "millions into the country to wander around at will". I just don't think that having some semblance of order to the process is a backwards idea. Also, illegal entry and past trouble with the law are disqualifying factors on an asylum claim from what I understand.

The app, from what I've read of it, is the application --- or at least the scheduling for it. CBP, if you're curious, is not the organization that adjudicates asylum claims. They are intake, and then they schedule people for/refer people to an immigration court since you have to be in the US to submit a claim of asylum. So unless we're going to commit court officers to the border, the on the spot setup won't work. Also, my understanding is that use of the app IS supposed to be done before entering. It's used to claim an interview spot.

I mean, we could fund a more higher functioning and well-staff system too, but those proposals tend to fail based on the political winds. Mainly because the border "crisis" is a political tool. It's a manufactured situation that parties like to use to stoke their bases.

Here's some great reads if you're curious:
https://www.cbp.gov/about/mobile-apps-directory/cbponehttps://www.usa.gov/asylum

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The issue is far more nuanced and difficult to encapsulate than the media or politicos can convey. "Vetted" doesn't mean cleared. It means processed, which encompasses a wide range of vetting. Some of it is sufficient and some of it isn't. The TL;DR version is this.

The people who are insufficiently vetted and getting on commercial flights do not pose an imminent threat to that flight, because they're sufficiently screened to ensure they don't have the means to be a threat while onboard.

The broader concern is what their intent is while being in this country before their claims can be processed. They've overwhelmed the system to the point that most of them don't even have a projected hearing date. Even those that do are YEARS out, so that leaves far more ineligible claimants in the country than eligible ones.

That's a textbook example of a problem. As someone pointed out, the abandonment of identity documents by migrants is a growing problem. They're not just abandoning fraudulent documents. Sometimes they're abandoning authentic documents issued by a recognized government authority. The crucial question is "Why?"

Worse yet, there are rampant claims of BP and CBP agents taking what we call VID's (Verifying Identity Documents) and not returning them to the owner. Again, why? I have my suspicions, but absent evidence I'm not willing to air them.

Back to the risk, it's not immediate but it's very real. By allowing the overwhelming number of ineligible asylum seekers to disappear into the US interior, we're setting ourselves up major risks to be realized down the road. Don't worry about insufficiently vetted non-US persons getting on flights. Worry about insufficiently vetted non-US persons with financial means, moving freely within our borders, and without sufficient tracking to detect potential threats to national security. :(

Last edited:

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure if you've flown anywhere in the last couple of decades but all the security is theatre anyways.

Any yeah, I'd rather have been information about who is flying around. The bad guys are not going to be going through the trouble of trying to put in an asylum claim, going through scrutiny, and giving any data on themselves to anyone. Remember how all kinds of folks say the border is like swiss cheese right? They'd just go through the holes. I know it's asking a bit, but think critically. No one with those bad intentions is going through the time and effort to get the extra attention so they can fly domestic in Y (because they'd sure stick out like crazy in J and F).

If they've got suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch mega scary bad intentions, they'd get a vehicle and just drive from border to target. Lot easier to hide there. I've gone back and forth across this country 20 times without so much as a traffic stop, and now that I think about it, I could have been doing any number of bad things.

Once you get past all the apocalyptic talk and think about it the situation is going to seem a lot different. For all the talk about terrorists and sleeper agents and "military age men" invading us, there's literally nothing going on. Americans are still far and away the number one people committing crime against Americans --- but that's okay, we don't want to deal with that really.

The people that are going through and eating the crap we're shoveling to try to get in on an asylum claim are going to try to be as accurate as possible too since any inaccuracy is going to cause a rejection, denial and deportation.
Ohhh, good Lord. Do I think you actually believe anything you posted. Unfortunately, you probably do. And, there "was literally nothing going on" on Sept 10th 2001.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ohhh, good Lord. Do I think you actually believe anything you posted. Unfortunately, you probably do. And, there "was literally nothing going on" on Sept 10th 2001.
Unfortunately, you never seem to question that you might be wrong. Like, ever. Never have I seen a post when you were not 100% correct.

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WASHINGTON (TND) — A firestorm has erupted online after it was revealed illegal immigrants can pass TSA security checkpoints at the airport without identification that is required of everyone else. This comes as President Joe Biden said the southern border is not secure and had not been for the past 10 years.

Former Head of Customs and Border Protection Mark Morgan joined The National Desk’s Jan Jeffcoat to discuss the issue.

“It's extremely alarming. This has been going on since day one for the past three years. This is just the first time they posted these procedures for the entire country to see and I think it's important that everyone understands. If you and I went there, the first thing we’d do at most major metropolitan airports is that you put your ID into a machine,” he said. “Something very important is happening there. They're checking that against the series of databases to make sure that you pose no threat. Then when you step up to have your picture taken, what's happening there is facial comparison. They're comparing your photo to the ID to make sure you're the person on the ID. It's a very important needed and effective system.”

New TSA rules allow migrants to use the CBP One app for ID to board a commercial plane. Sen. Ted Cruz wrote a letter to Secretary Mayorkas stating in part, “While Americans must present an acceptable form of identification to fly or at least have their identities confirmed, TSA is permitting illegal aliens without ID to opt for an alternate identity verification process utilizing the CBP One app which takes illegal aliens at their word.”

“The reason why the illegal alien taking their pictures is optional is because there's nothing to compare it to. There is no picture in this system. They're not presenting any government ID with the picture on it. They simply have a piece of paper and this is how this works,” Morgan said. “They come across our border illegally. They leave intentionally their IDs on the Mexican side because it can make it harder for the federal government to identify them. They asked who they are. The illegal alien provides information, we take it down. The majority of the time, we have no way to verify it, but that's who they are. They have a piece of paper and that's what they use to fly anywhere in the United States. This administration is trying to tell us that that doesn't pose a threat. It's absurd.”

https://ktul.com/news/nation-world/...-border-crisis-mexico-us-southern-border-tsa#
Wonder if they get screened for bombs or weapons? I would bet against it.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The people who are insufficiently vetted and getting on commercial flights do not pose an imminent threat to that flight, because they're sufficiently screened to ensure they don't have the means to be a threat while onboard.

Wonder if they get screened for bombs or weapons? I would bet against it.
See above.

Latest posts

Top Bottom