Ichthys knife's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snipe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been 3 years since I started forging, finally starting to put out some knifes I'm ok with

Screenshot_20231204-093929-934.png

Snipe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good looking knife. All you have to do now is charge a ridiculous price for it and you are in business.
That's where I struggle. Most people don't know how much time and materials goes into something like this. When you can buy a cheap stamped out knife from Walmart for $10 it's hard to compete

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's where I struggle. Most people don't know how much time and materials goes into something like this. When you can buy a cheap stamped out knife from Walmart for $10 it's hard to compete
You can’t chase the value crowd unless you’re going to mass produce. There are a bunch of people out there who appreciate and will pay for custom knives. As an example, Montana Knife Company did a collaboration with Fieldcraft Survival last week; those knives were $325, dropped at 8:00pm, and were sold out by the time I looked at 8:11pm.

There are a few custom knife makers on here; I bet they’d be happy to tell you how they got started.

Snipe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can’t chase the value crowd unless you’re going to mass produce. There are a bunch of people out there who appreciate and will pay for custom knives. As an example, Montana Knife Company did a collaboration with Fieldcraft Survival last week; those knives were $325, dropped at 8:00pm, and were sold out by the time I looked at 8:11pm.

There are a few custom knife makers on here; I bet they’d be happy to tell you how they got started.
Hopefully some chime in. It's a hobby right now but would love to try it more full time/semi retire. And I'm always open to advice

Latest posts

Top Bottom