I'd like to sell some ammo - where to find fair price?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
who cares if you get called out as gouging? This a free market. If I bought 7.62x39 ammo 15 years ago for $120 case I sure am not going to sell it for that. If it is common caliber ammo, pricing is on here everyday, sell or ask what you need for it. If you don't get a hit in a while then lower it, but No one should feel like they have to sell at todays market or below market just because some no buying wants something for "back in the day prices" says so.

On that note, what do you got? Put your list out there, someone will make you an offer if it is something we shoot or surplus.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
who cares if you get called out as gouging? This a free market. If I bought 7.62x39 ammo 15 years ago for $120 case I sure am not going to sell it for that. If it is common caliber ammo, pricing is on here everyday, sell or ask what you need for it. If you don't get a hit in a while then lower it, but No one should feel like they have to sell at todays market or below market just because some no buying wants something for "back in the day prices" says so.

On that note, what do you got? Put your list out there, someone will make you an offer if it is something we shoot or surplus.

Hear, hear.

Beau

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what pisses me off is that people are buying ammo at regular price then just trying to re sale it for more. **** you if that's you. if your gonna buy ammo then shoot it. if your gonna sell it to make 20 to100 dollars more then I really think your the problem with why theirs still no ammo on the shelves. theirs a lot of people on here doing this and its really pissing off the people that actually like to shoot more than once a month. I can't even look at ammo for sale from a private person it makes me sick to see some of the prices people are asking. its tempting me to just rob them of their ammo.

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what pisses me off is that people are buying ammo at regular price then just trying to re sale it for more. **** you if that's you. if your gonna buy ammo then shoot it. if your gonna sell it to make 20 to100 dollars more then I really think your the problem with why theirs still no ammo on the shelves. theirs a lot of people on here doing this and its really pissing off the people that actually like to shoot more than once a month. I can't even look at ammo for sale from a private person it makes me sick to see some of the prices people are asking. its tempting me to just rob them of their ammo.

They'll give you free ammunition if you try. One way or the other.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

First, chill out a bit...
I've never made money by selling anything on this board. Out of the 30 or so guns I've sold here, I've lost money on every single one of them. Out of the tons of lightbulbs and flashlights I've sold or given away here over the last 8 years, I gave them at cost or way, way under cost. So, before you tell people to "**** you if that's you" make sure you know how you are talking about.

That's the reason I posted this thread. I had leftover ammo I didn't need. So I was trying to find a reasonable price for others to buy it at. Not gouging prices. I already unloaded the ammo to several members here that needed it at fair prices.

Beau

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry for my rant. this wasnt directed at you. I'm just venting my frustrations. I was mainly referring to what I see on arms list and if you haven seen the ammo prices on there yet don't. it will just piss you off when the see the atrocity. good for you for not gouging! I wish more people would be reasonable with their prices.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The way i look at it on ammo prices today and finding ammo.
You need 22lr or say 380 you leave your home and drive 10 miles to the first store wait in line
for an hour or more...no ammo ,,,,drive 15 miles to the next store...then another store 3rd time is the charm right.

NOPE not today...try again tomorrow...So say 45 miles round trip searching for ammo...and to only get 3 boxes..
45 miles if you get it that day....4 days and no ammo all the driving wasted 10 gallons of gas minimum to get 3 boxes.

Lets do the math 10 gallons at 3.50 a gallon..HHHMMM 20.97 for 1 box and then taxed on that.
20.97 X 3 + TAX = 69 bucks...then another $35 for gas=104 bucks That is 34.66 per box of 22LR.

If you sell it at least get your gas money back...as the person buying it found his ammo by letting you do the leg work.
And you will probably spend more gas meeting him or her somewhere to sell the ammo.

I get ammo for friends sometimes they do not want it sometimes i get what i can use...
But i do get stuck with some sometimes ..

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why sell it? If you don't "need" the money to pay your bills why sell?
If you need the money to pay bills go find a second job.
With todays crazy prices you probably can't replace it next month for what you sold it for.
Kept dry in an ammo can it will keep for 50 years.
What happens when, in a few months somebody offers you a sweet deal on a gun in that caliber.
You have to find some more ammo and its triple what you just sold it for.
You'll be pissed unless your so rich it doesn't matter and if your that rich why didn't you just give the ammo away in the first place instead of selling it.

gearys 5600

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, chill out a bit...
I've never made money by selling anything on this board. Out of the 30 or so guns I've sold here, I've lost money on every single one of them. Out of the tons of lightbulbs and flashlights I've sold or given away here over the last 8 years, I gave them at cost or way, way under cost. So, before you tell people to "**** you if that's you" make sure you know how you are talking about.

That's the reason I posted this thread. I had leftover ammo I didn't need. So I was trying to find a reasonable price for others to buy it at. Not gouging prices. I already unloaded the ammo to several members here that needed it at fair prices.

He even delivered it, I was more than happy to buy the 38 special ammo. I don't have time to sit at academy every morning or want to burn up a tank of gas driving to wal-marts all over the state, hoping to find the 38 special ammo for my wifes new LCR.

I got 200 rounds of quality 38 special ammo for .50 cents a round and didn't have to drive anywhere. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom