IDPA Saturday August 24th Oil Capital

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IDPA at Oil Capital coming for Saturday August 24th. Set-up begins at 0730, sign-in at 0900 and walk-thru promptly at 1000. Match fee is $12 ($10 for OCR&GC members). Expect 100 required rounds, or so, for the six stage match. We will have water out on the bays, as well as ample shade.

Oil Capital location link http://www.ocrgc.com/?q=node/44 CAUTION Do no trust some GPS locators to function properly. At least some of them will try to route you in from the west all the way on 101st St. It does NOT go through through as has not been a road since before statehood. Don't bite; follow the map on the link.

Those of you who are current SO’s AND who wish to continue to be certified SO’s under the 2013 Rulebook must take and pass the OPEN BOOK test on the new 2013 book. If you think you missed your opportunity because time expired August 12th, NEVER FEAR! You can take it through September 29th. If you have trouble logging into the test, please let me know and I’ll help. Word was supposed to come down to Clubs contacts through the AC’s of this situation; belatedly I have found the information elsewhere.

The test isn’t hard. You have to read and understand the new 2013 Rulebook anyway. The test is simply a vehicle to effectively provide this. At the end of the test, you get immediate feedback on questions that you missed.

As far as a SO Certification Class for the October/ November timeframe, it’s not looking auspicious, based on the fewish number of “I want to be in the class” that I’m receiving. Opportunity is not yet gone. If you think you want into a class in this timeframe, and have not previously replied, please send PM to me

Keep Safe!

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Results are out via BCC email to the competitors. Thanks to all for coming. Weather wasn’t too toasty for August and a good day to shoot a match. The more complex scenario stages were balanced off with some challenging standards. We got to shoot on the move, put bullets through windows, miss a few non-threats in tight situations and so forth.

Your next Oil Capital IDPA match is Sunday September 8th.

CURRENTLY CERTIFIED SAFETY OFFICERS: You can take online safety test through September 29th. The test isn’t hard. You have to read and understand the new 2013 Rulebook anyway. The test is simply a vehicle to effectively provide this. At the end of the test, you get immediate feedback on questions that you missed, as well as the correct answers for them. If you have trouble logging into the test, please let me know and I’ll help.

As far as a SO Certification Class for the very late October/ early November time frame, it’s still under consideration. If you think you want into a class in this time frame, and have not previously replied, please send a PM my way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom