IDPA Saturday November 23 Oil Capital Rod & Gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oil Capital IDPA shoots on Saturday November 23. Set-up begins at 0730, sign-in at 0900 and walk-thru promptly at 1000. Match fee is $12 ($10 for OCR&GC members). Expect 100+ required rounds, or so, for the six stage match. I would suggest that you bring 150 rounds to one of these matches, in case you need to reshoot a stage or miss a shot.

Oil Capital location http://www.ocrgc.com/?q=node/44

The SO Certification Class upcoming will be on Saturday February 8th. If want into it, send me a PM. Cost will be $20. For another $5 I can provide a printed booklet size copy of the current November 23, 2013 Rulebook; I need to know before class, if you want one. The booklets in hand are an almost sure necessity for a SO or a competitor for that matter. The requirement to have a good basic knowledge of the rulebook BEFORE class, as the HQ provided curriculum requires, is met by taking an online test (60 questions/70% to pass) BEFORE the day of the class. There is simply not time to exhaustively review the whole rulebook in the 9 hrs of class time (0745-01700). The new curriculum is heavily based on HOW to be an effective SO, which is probably what the class should be about. Range time is double the previous 2005-based class. “How To SO” is doubled/tripled or more over the previous class. I will being doing the SO Class in a location in Western Oklahoma during the month of December.

The weather is looking bright and sunny but chilly for match day; likely not a good Classifier opportunity.

Keep Safe!

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to the several you made it out. Results are out to the shooters through BCC email. The weatherman messed up, in our favor. Temps just a tad crisp and not that much by the way of wind. Low score per stage honors were split 3-3 between Akhilesh B and C.K. P. Stages went up quick and tore down easily, while still preserving a high quality match. Stages included steel targets as well as moving cardboard.

Your next Oil Capital IDPA match is Sunday December 8th.

Keep Safe!

Latest posts

Top Bottom