If government shuts down, so would troop pay

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually I did when I was in. The only people I knew that actually used them were, go figure, $hitbags. They lived opulent lives on credit, then went and collected food stamps since they ran out of money paying for their expensive cars and big screen TV's. Sorry to bust your 1-up bubble.

Maybe I worded that wrong. I was not saying there is anything wrong with it. I've been on food stamps before when I got out of the Army until I got back on my feet. I see nothing wrong with it, but there are a lot of people on here that complain a lot about government assistance and how they should do away with it. I know people abuse it, but that's no reason to take it away from the people who need it and actually use it the was it was meant to be used.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OMG Zombie ... you are something else!!! LOL (And if it wasn't for me GC would STILL be complaining about that strip of black ... haha!)

:)

I figured I couldn't just ignore it or not make a useful post

I know I've been fed on food stamps...I know I make too much for any assistance and I don't make much and I have 3 kids +1 I pay child support for.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And yet people on this forum complain about programs like food stamps left and right. I bet you guys wouldn't complain if a soldier had food stamps now would you?
I did. To Senators Inhoffe and Nickles. I got a reply from Sen. Inhoffe that told me someone had actually read my letter. I'm still awaiting Nickles reply. I'm sure it's just an oversight.
Of course, I'm sure things are still the same.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And yet people on this forum complain about programs like food stamps left and right. I bet you guys wouldn't complain if a soldier had food stamps now would you?

No I would never complain or gripe about a soldier who got ANY public benefits. They are more than deserving of any benefits. It is a sad thing that our Veterans do not get more than what they get. However when I was stationed at Ft. Drum N.Y. depending on your vehicle and they year it was you could not qualify for any assistance. So there I was a E-1 making $900 a month with a car I had for over two years prior to the service and could not qualify because my car was too new.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I would never complain or gripe about a soldier who got ANY public benefits. They are more than deserving of any benefits. It is a sad thing that our Veterans do not get more than what they get. However when I was stationed at Ft. Drum N.Y. depending on your vehicle and they year it was you could not qualify for any assistance. So there I was a E-1 making $900 a month with a car I had for over two years prior to the service and could not qualify because my car was too new.

I agree whole-heartedly with this. Nor would I ever complain about the working poor receiving benefits. It's the deadbeats who are perpetually jobless, pregnant, "sick" , etc. that wear me thin. Seems they always have money for cigs and drink but never to pay their bills, feed their kids ... you know the drill ... THOSE folks need to be on a chain-gang.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I worded that wrong. I was not saying there is anything wrong with it. I've been on food stamps before when I got out of the Army until I got back on my feet. I see nothing wrong with it, but there are a lot of people on here that complain a lot about government assistance and how they should do away with it. I know people abuse it, but that's no reason to take it away from the people who need it and actually use it the was it was meant to be used.
It's never the legitimate need that gets the attention, and I think there is a lot of legitimate need. It's the abusers and flat out leeches that get most of the attention, and ire . All in all, I would guess most of the money goes to people who genuinely need it, now, how they spend may be another matter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom