If I was the center for Alabama I would have ......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
QB calls the audibles, not the Center. QB is the leader on the field, not the Center. Center should have just shut his trap.

Unless the QB is hopping around acting like a spaz and getting in your face right there on the line. Both of them need a little lesson in professionalism.

QB should've called time out and taken it to the sideline. Center should've ignored whatever jabs the QB was hurling at him and walked to the sideline as well.

Sounds like they worked it out in the end....

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Lightning, I didn't know who won the game until this morning. Didn't watch any of it since I would have wanted both to loose. The QB should have saved the a$$ eating for his center until on the sidelines.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
QB calls the audibles, not the Center. QB is the leader on the field, not the Center. Center should have just shut his trap.

I watched the video, the QB picked a fight with his center, had nothing to do with the center needing to "shut his trap". Another example of a prissy prima dona qb getting uppity and forgetting all about the people who REALLY play the game. He's the one who needs to shut his trap and learn some manners.

BadBadJohn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I would have cleaned his clock and GOOD! QB is a jerk. And so is Saban keeping McCarron in even though 'Bama is up by 6 scores... with 4 minutes to play.

After thinking about it some more..... upon the QB's return to the game (after rewinding his clock) I'd have let Tao' come thru on the next play....... :rubhands: :owned3:

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched it happen. Theyre roomates and best friends and apparently it wasnt unusual for them to act like that to each other- except they brought the whole world into their 'playing around' this time. It was never serious. Still was BS to do it on TV and totally unprofessional for the QB and totally indignant for the center.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
McCarron had every reason is get in his face. He's the QB, and it's his job to direct traffic. The C is the tail, not the dog that wags it. Shutting up and knowing your role is part of the game - don't shove your QB no matter how much of a PITA he is.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
McCarron had every reason is get in his face. He's the QB, and it's his job to direct traffic.

If he's the leader of the team then he should know that freaking out and getting in your Center's face, right there on the line, is not how things are done. Especially when you have a 42-14 lead halfway through the 4th Quarter.

There was a snap count issue...call a time out and work it out.

They both need some maturity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom