I'm gay...and black. ~ NBA center

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright so the mods don't have a thing to say about this but were all sorts of butthurt and deleted my boy scouts banning gays thread as well as sending me a crude PM....
Hmm..

Anyway, knowing now that 90% of the members here are homophobic I'll refrain from giving my full opinion, but I will say wow, what a statement. We'll see how it effects his future as a pro player. He has courage though, that's for sure. Hopefully others will come out too so they don't have to keep living a lie to please others and avoid unwarranted hate.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being openly gay, Black and in the NBA isn't what I would call rare - the odds were that it was bound to happen eventually.

Now, being openly gay, White and in the NBA... that would be something :D

Show me an openly gay black Hockey player or NASCAR driver and we're talking rare man...

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think being 34 and already played for six teams probably affects his future NBA prospects more than his orientation, unless he expects his coming out to put PC pressure on someone to sign him. The truth is that the gay deal has been done to death by everyone but us old white guys. The younger generation looks at being gay as the new left-handed.

Cedar Creek

And I gotta think most of the NBA already knows he's gay anyway.:kiss:

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's his mouth, he can haul coal in it if he wants to do so.

He's just like every other gay person I know, if it don't affect me, I don't care. Just like I don't expect them to care about issues of mine that don't affect them.

If he's happy, I'm tickled $hi&less.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright so the mods don't have a thing to say about this but were all sorts of butthurt and deleted my boy scouts banning gays thread as well as sending me a crude PM....
Hmm..

Anyway, knowing now that 90% of the members here are homophobic I'll refrain from giving my full opinion, but I will say wow, what a statement. We'll see how it effects his future as a pro player. He has courage though, that's for sure. Hopefully others will come out too so they don't have to keep living a lie to please others and avoid unwarranted hate.

How so are 90% of members homophobic? Do you know every member personally? Better yet, do you know what lies in every members heart?

You almost sound like Obama and his "90% of Americans want background checks". Statements with no facts.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How so are 90% of members homophobic? Do you know every member personally? Better yet, do you know what lies in every members heart?

You almost sound like Obama and his "90% of Americans want background checks". Statements with no facts.

Homophobic is a political term used to smear those who don't agree with the homosexual political agenda.

Latest posts

Top Bottom