I'm stumped! What rifles are these fellows sporting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
They seem to be having fun with their M14/M16 AK47 rifles

There looks to be two different but close types of rifles used. Some have an M-16 type barrel M-14 rear sights, some have a short barrel with a bayonet lug. None have the M-16 rear sight handle and triangle front sights. All have large capacity magazines but not as curved as an AK's. All have M-16/AK pistol grips.

1689168175901.png

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the uniforms lead me toward the Israel but the wood stock on the rifle and appearance looks to be finn? i am unfamiliar with the finn uniforms and equipment of that era.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope! Those are Stoner rifles model 63A or XM22. The Stoner 63 weapon system had like 15 variants, the most famous is the Stoner light machine gun that the SEALs used in Viet Nam, but he also tried to get the military to adopt his rifle as well. That is a promotional photo from Cadillac Gage, who made armored fighting vehicles for the Military and also made the Stoner 63 system. All good old US made.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope! Those are Stoner rifles model 63A or XM22. The Stoner 63 weapon system had like 15 variants, the most famous is the Stoner light machine gun that the SEALs used in Viet Nam, but he also tried to get the military to adopt his rifle as well. That is a promotional photo from Cadillac Gage, who made armored fighting vehicles for the Military and also made the Stoner 63 system. All good old US made.
Nailed it right before I posted ... lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom