1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

In Search of the Perfect Holster

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by RugerSooner, Feb 8, 2018.

Which holster?

1. Rawdog Tactical IWB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bravo Concealment DOS

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Old model Alien Gear

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Other (Please specify in the comments)

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  1. RugerSooner

RugerSooner Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I've recently purchased a SW Shield and I am in search for a holster that can be worn at the 3 or 4 o'clock position. I'm open to most anything but I would like it relatively thin and able to be carried IWB. I purchased an Aliengear holster for this new piece, but they have recently changed the way the make holsters and the one for the shield is WAY to thick. To the point that the new holster and Shield is thicker than my old holster with a Glock 19. Needless to say, that holster will be getting returned or sold. Anyway, I'm open to suggestions and would love your opinion but I did attach a poll to some that I'm looking at already.

2. NikatKimber

NikatKimber Moderator Staff Member

Rating
    100%
    BladeTech Nano
    https://blade-tech.com/products/nano?variant=6067006275612

I have the Phantom (apparently is no longer) for my 19 and it is the thinnest loop-style holster I've found.

I don't like clips, of pretty much any kind anymore. I want a loop, and if IWB, I want a snap loop. If you want, I can get a picture of my 19 in it.

3. RugerSooner

RugerSooner Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I think I actually have a Phantom for my 19 as well. I liked it okay, but it had a habit of digging into my thigh. Though, if I remember right, I actually bought the model for 17 and cut it done to the right size. This was likely the problem in hindsight

4. druryj

druryj Devil Dog; Para Frog Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I have and like the KX Lightweight IWB from TT Gunleather for my Glock 43. I think this would work very well for the Shield, as they are of similar size. This holster does utilize Kydex belt clips. However they are very strong and they hold the holster and gun securely on my belt. I do agree that using loops is much better, for a larger heavier gun, but for a small gun like this, I believe these clips are very sturdy. (www.ttgunleather.com). For easy on and off,I use the RM Lowrider from rmholsters.com. This kydex rig rides low on the belt and it’s also good to store a loaded gun in as it protects the trigger, and unlike leather, doesn’t hold in moisture to cause rust. It has an integrally molded split belt loop so you can straddle a belt loop if needed. Also, a lifetime warranty against breakage. I did break one recently and it was replaced in about a week, as promised, at no charge! Both of these are very thin, and both are very comfortable holsters. I give the edge to the KX, simply because it’s leather and is as comfortable and well made as can be. I have the RM Lowrider for every carry pistol; they are just tops IMO for IWB kydex. They are not as easy to wear as leather, but for kydex, they are pretty darn good. And I have to say, as far as TT Gunleather; Tim Thurner is as good as they come. I’d match his gear up against any other leather guy there is. I have a couple of very nice holsters from him. Anyway, here’s some pics of both holsters. I think either or both both would be great choices for your Shield.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  5. beastep

beastep Sharpshooter

I own a Bravo and plan on owning more. Fantastic and the price is tough.

6. RugerSooner

RugerSooner Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'm going with the Bravo for now. May change later but it was the right price

7. beastep

beastep Sharpshooter

I use one of their OWB daily. Have one on right now as a matter of fact.

8. RustedBeef

RustedBeef Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I carry my Shield in an Alien gear cloak tuck 3. Works fine so far. Are you using the weird one which changes to different configurations? If that isn't working for you, I'd suggest going with one of those cheap leather holsters Galco or DeSantis puts out. I used the SOF tuck holster as my first ever one for the Shield and it didn't let me down. Real thin, comfortable, and cheap, but you can't reholster easily. Not that you'd really need to do it easily.

9. chadh2o

chadh2o Gunslinger

Supporter
    Don't be bashful. Wear it like The Duke!
    41roTxqSbfL.jpg

10. Dave70968

Dave70968 Sharpshooter