Infamous sites in OKC (and surrounding areas)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a strange request for this group. We've got some good friends coming for a visit in July and we plan to give them the nickel tour of OKC. Now, these guys are fun and somewhat off-the-wall and I'd like to show them some places that are not on the typical tourism list. For example, Karen Silkwood's crash site, the haunted orphanage in Guthrie and the haunted circus site in Edmond.

Can you think of any interesting (or gruesome) sites that I can use to wow and amaze this couple? Notorious acts of crime might go over well. What comes to mind?

Thanks in advance.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to the home of Charles Urschel, an oilman of the 1930's.

327 NW 18th..Oklahoma City...kinda the Mesta Park area.

Importance: Machine Gun Kelly and some of his members kidnapped Mr.Urschel, took him to Texas and about a week later his family had a representative give Machine Gun Kelly around $200, 000. They let him go.

You may want to google the story for more information...Machine Gun Kelly kidnapping Charles Urschel.

All I can think of right now. After your friends leave...of course...I'll have a million ideas.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait...there's a haunted circus site in Edmond??? This is no beuno!!! I hate clowns...now there are frickin' killer ghost clowns in Edmond!! YIKES!

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Um...I don't know who that is but if he's a clown he must be eradicated before he continues his terror filled killing spree!

(All clowns are serial killers who travel around terrorizing and then killing innocent people...this is a scientific fact based on the science of science)

Latest posts

Top Bottom