Instant pig farmer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fellow at work has a friend with 6 adult hogs . 2 boars 4 sows with 3 being bred.
FREE !! He's not sure of the breed but they are full size commercial hogs.
Holler if you're interested.
Gosh dogs...and me without a pen yet. So much to do and so little time.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My girls been selling pigs as fast as they get em weaned. I probably should mention this to them but I really really really don’t want to. I’m pretty sure I pay the feed bills but don’t receive any money when pigs are sold. I think these girls are smarter about finance than I.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My girls been selling pigs as fast as they get em weaned. I probably should mention this to them but I really really really don’t want to. I’m pretty sure I pay the feed bills but don’t receive any money when pigs are sold. I think these girls are smarter about finance than I.
Those girls have you wrapped around their little fingers.....and they know it. LOL

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Great way of teaching!

Our pay on the farm raising up was one steer or heifer calf a year. Could keep it and start your own beard or sell it back or raise it and sell it. I kept all mine. Time I was in High school I had 40 head.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fellow at work has a friend with 6 adult hogs . 2 boars 4 sows with 3 being bred.
FREE !! He's not sure of the breed but they are full size commercial hogs.
Holler if you're interested.
aren't there any livestock sales that sell pigs anymore? is it so bad that a person has to give away? or is it just charity? just curious.