Interesting week for College Football.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not much to see with OU.... would like to them play a good offense to test our D.

Wooo Pig? Helluva game.

USC and Oregon are going to have to work on their D.

ND almost upset at home....

A&M and Mizzu got welcomed into the SEC.... get used to it.

Savannah State got another big payday and only had to play 2 1/2 quarters..... FSU is back?

oh and.....

There's and abnormal amount of silence coming from Poke fans today.......weird. :D

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't forget the tragic injury to the Tulane player in Tulsa. That was just a rough shake on a collision with his team mate, but a broken neck and resulting collapsed lung is a terrible thing for them to face.

As their coach said (paraphrasing), it was hard for him not to say let's just load up after that and get on the road home.

I don't have cable, so the first thing I watch was lowly Penn State just give that game away to Virginia. It was pathetic they were in it for so long, leading there near the end. 4 missed field goals for the Penn State kicker.

And Houston lost AGAIN, this week to LA tech. Finally, we learned that Beavers can outfight Badgers on occasion!

My pick of mediocre CO State over a (very good) FCS team, NoDak State, backfired. I am out of the OSA pick'em in week two. Bummer :(

Last edited:

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt you hear the Poke fans complaining about Gundy like some of us Sooner fans complain about Stoops. Maybe the loss will humble them a little bit though.

The best game I caught yesterday was Nebraska at UCLA. That was a great game. Thank God, Taylor Martinez doesn't play around here!

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The OSU fans are probably still asleep after listening the to game until the wee hours of the morning.

Overall I thought Lunt played well. He has a really good arm.
The pick six that he threw was a typical freshman mistake that he will learn from.
Pocket collapsing, throw the ball off your back foot type of play can make you a hero in high school and a goat in college. LOL

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't forget the tragic injury to the Tulane player in Tulsa. That was just a rough shake on a collision with his team mate, but a broken neck and resulting collapsed lung is a terrible thing for them to face.

As their coach said (paraphrasing), it was hard for him not to say let's just load up after than and get on the road home.

That's a scary deal for sure, they said he had some feeling in his arms and legs and is stable. Hopefully that continues.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rough day for local FB too. Several of the Broken Arrow youth teams had losses, including my son's. Monday practice won't be pretty. I watched about half of the OSU game then opted for sleep instead. My son and his grandpa went to the TU game. Rough deal on the Tulane injury. They said medical staff was on the field for half an hour.

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Edited/
Sad to see the Tulane player injured so severely. Shows no matter how much equipment, its a violent game and things like this can happen.

I listened to the OSU game til I couldn't take any more. The defense gave up some big plays and the offense was very INconsistent. It could be a long year for us Poke fans.

Last edited:

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
KFOR sports this morning reported that he stopped breathing on the field and they performed an emergency tracheotomy right there. :shocked:

From the articles I just read on espn, that is false info first reported by KTUL. They quoted team doctors saying he never stopped breathing and that CPR was precautionary due to him having low blood pressure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom