Introduce yourself here!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello to All...

Glad to get acquainted! I was looking on the internet for info to update my on-going curiosity about Mr. Terry Boehler, ex-Nowlin gunsmith. My quest took me to a link to OK Shooters...SUPER SITE! I noticed an acquaintance from another site, TRAXXIS, and others were discussing Nowlin, Terry Boehler, The Greek, "Norman" at Nowlin, etc. It was mentioned that Norman at Nowlin and The Greek are two different people. That is correct! I believe you'll find that The Greek's real name is Steve Vaniadus. It was mentioned that he is good at blueing...this is correct IMO. The first two Nowlin pistols I built were blued by The Greek; I could not have wished for a better blueing job. I also do not know Norman's last name; sad and I am sorry for that. I have spoken to him many times...most recently was about one year ago. It is a fact that he is normally at Nowlin only on Tuesdays & Thursdays; that was the case the last time I spoke to him.

Some unfortunate news...I think The Greek has passed away. If this is not true I am truly sorry for passing a bad rumor. I would appreciate someone verifying this.

The last time I spoke with Terry Boehler, about 1-1/2 years ago, was at the Jones air port in Jenks. Terry asked my son and I to visit him to see the air plane he was building. Believe it or not he told us it was for Chip McCormic...now that's cool!

Well, I am happy to be here and happy to be among cool folks.

Have a nice day

cmecha

New to the site!
Reaction score
hello new here actually i live in the peoples republic of Maryland but will be taking annual trips to norman to see family. raised in Norman till highschool, then moved to maryland. I miss sooner football and classic 50's.

morganjokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!! I am checking in from Mustang. Just recently bought my first couple of handguns and have already learned a lot from these forums. Seems like some very knowledgeable / friendly people on here.

gator-1

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi all. Just signed up today. I was actually trying to find a value on a gun and stumbled onto this site. It is really nice to find a forum that is local. I belong to a couple of forms, CZUSA and THR. I normally am more of a reader and slow to get involved in a thread, I will try to be more involved here. Ok, so about me, I was born and raised here in OK, and live near Maysville OK in Garvin county. I am a Murray State and OSU grad and I used to work for the government. Wasn't a bad job, moved me around alot, from all over this state and time in CO and WY. Love hunting and like fishing. Deer, birds and tree rats are in my fav. bunch. My son got his hunter safety card this year and I had to laugh when he told me that everything they went over in the class was just the same as what I kept telling him every time we went out. Guess that is why he did so well on the test. Ha. I have gotten alot of good information and advice from some of these forums and I have no doubt that this forum will be as good or better. Thank you for letting me be a part of your group.
gator-1

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello good people. I'm getting back into the shooting hobby (handgun, rifle and shotgun) after a 30 year absence and came across this site in the process of checking out the availability of some of the things I sold (now regrettable to the point of a gut ache) when I quit.

I live in the Norman area and used to use the Tri City Gun Club and the Canadian River bottom for shooting and plinking. I'm sure things have changed a great deal in the past 30 years.

I've read many of your posts with great interest and am looking forward to making new friends here. I'm a fortunate Okie to have access to this well laid out and well maintained extensive resource for communication. Thank you to the forum editors for making it available. I felt as though I'd stumbled on a treasure chest when I found it,

Latest posts

Top Bottom