Introduce yourself here!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minisign

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My name is Dave, I live in Ft. Walton Beach, FL, have my own sign company and am in the middle of building a '63 Mini Cooper with a vtec motor - thus, the name minisign. I was directed to this site by a friend of mine about a thread having to do with the latest in the COEXIST bumper stickers. If you haven't seen the logo that another member made, you need to - we need more folks like this.

I've never owned a gun although, I have fired many, mainly those of my friends. When I have the funds to buy, it will be a .45 for personal protection - I've come to this conclusion through the use of and reading about .45s. So far, the one that fits the best is a Taurus 24/7 OSS DS Tactical.

As far as my outlook of our nation - it's looking like a huge swirling cesspool with no light at the end (or, a lifesaver in my senario). I think we've crossed the point of no return in our morals and believe (as a whole), that our nation believes it's owed something for doing nothing but sitting on it's fat asses, watching Oprah and listening to the latest spin from the liberal media. All this to say, I will take measures to protect myself and my son from such junk, in whatever form it may come.:selfangel

Jeff Freeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Jeff and I am from Denver, CO. I recently moved back to Oklahoma with a goal to become a Oklahoma State Trooper. I am currently going to school at OSU-OKC in their Police Science department. I love to shoot bowling pins, 3-gun, & Sporting Clays. Thanks for letting me be a part of your community.

Hog Shooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell-o
I am new here but have been shooting since shells were cheap, and reloading was very cheap. Grew up reading Elmer Keith articles and shooting a 552 Rem. dad bought all the shells I could shoot at first then determined he would go broke without some limits. Later in life I met some cool folks that shot trap competitive like and found I had a knack so I spent six years bustin clay in and around Oklahoma. My wife decided we could raise a family on what trap shooting cost so here I am. I live outside of Bartlesville in Hogshooter and have a 50yd pistol/ rimfire range in my backyard. I hunt anything and will shoot deer under a feeder if the freezer is low on venison. Right now I am gearing up for bow season, working on a 35 Chevy Standard Sedan at home and drive to Tulsa to work each day. I found this site by accident and really like it because the folks a nice and most are local.

tiredofit

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello; I'm a disabled vet and new to this forum. I am an Oklahoma transplant. Only been shooting for a few years now. Well sort of...I did shoot while I was in the military on occasion and as a kid while my father was a Senior Drill Instructor at Parris Island...what fun shooting with the recruits early in the morning...the rifle range was a short walk from my house...Anyway hello and I'm sure I'll enjoy the company!!

thatoneguy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys, just thought I'd drop in and say hi. I'm an all around shooter. I'm more of a plastic gun guy, but have a fair share of 1911s. I also have quite a few black rifles too.

bwcaq

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello all, I've been reading various threads and learning quite a bit here. Thanks to everyone that has shared their experiences. I grew up w/ rifles and shotguns, and all of a sudden the pistol bug bit me a few months ago.
I suppose my first contribution will be geared towards anyone looking at a first pistol. Don't buy a cheap gun just for the sake of saving a few bucks. If you shoot much at all you'll spend as much on ammo as you did the gun in no time at all. (Yep...I'm shooting quite a bit....) :D Get what feels right for you. You won't regret it.

jimeradams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all! I'm new to OSA, but not new to shooting. I live in the Sand Springs area, and have been shooting safely for over 35 years. I'm an NRA life member, am employed as an armed security officer at one of the big hospitals in Tulsa, and have been a reserve peace officer for over 13 years. I enjoy shooting and related activities, although unfortunately I'm not a hunter (my dad was not into hunting). A friend from work recommended OSA to me, and I feel it is a fine organization! Thanks to all!

Latest posts

Top Bottom