Investing In Silver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me start by saying that I'm not looking to sell the house and buy silver, nor am I looking to get rich in 10 days using silver.

About three months ago, I decided to get into the silver game. I searched and searched and searched, and eventually bought me twenty (20) 1 troy oz .999 fine silver ingots made by Ohio Precious Metals off of jmbullion.com. I paid exactly $17 for each ingot/troy ounce, including shipping, and I weight each ingot and they were all in spec.

I'm now entertaining the idea of purchasing more silver, and now that I am back on OSA, I'd figured I'd throw this post out there and see who all invests in silver, where you buy it from, what your cut-off per ounce price is, where you sell it, and any advice that you may have.

I'd like for my stack to someday get to one-hundred (100) troy ounces, and I am interested in the silver only, not the commemorative/coolness factor of the silver, i.e. I'm not going to pay $5 more per ounce just because it has a picture of a Koala Bear on it.

Are there any silver-stackers out there?

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have used golden eagle before, and it looks like their prices are a little better straight up(although I didn't look at shipping differences, I think GE is $5). If I ever buy online again I'd probably stick with GE unless I wanted to buy the silver bullets that JM offers(which can also be found elsewhere).

1/oz bar comparison
http://www.goldeneaglecoin.com/item/silvertowne-1-oz-silver-bar-_-retro-prospector-design

http://www.jmbullion.com/1-oz-silvertowne-retro-prospector-silver-bar/

This is why I posted. I had not heard of Golden Eagle & Coin. I'll have to check their shipping rates.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_15_03_09_28b31c399178d4f93385ec1a5d6a081c.jpg

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got off of the phone with APMEX. They are $.95 more expensive, per troy ounce, than JM Bullion right now, and they do not offer face-to-face sales, though you can order and pay via phone or website, and then pick up locally. I did not ask about taxes since I did not purchase anything from them.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't either. A quick google maps search shows they "had" a store in Edmond but is listed as permanently closed...(online only now)?

EDIT - NVM, I see the post above this answers all that.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crazy. Within 30 minutes of making this post, I learned something new about APMEX (not necessarily a place to buy from, but definitely a place to sell to) and doubled by silver stack by ordering another 20 troy ounces from JM Bullion at more than $.25 per ounce than my standard going rate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom