iOS 7 is here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4 still running on iOS5. Does anyone know if I can just upgrade it to iOS6 or will it force me to upgrade it to iOS7 if I try and do any upgrade now?
I don't think the 4 is compatible with iOS7, but I don't know that (based on their history, the 4S would be the oldest compatible phone). Connect it to iTunes and click on the "Check for Updates" button, and it'll tell you which version it wants to install; you can cancel if you don't want it to install.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That would be good even though I think iTunes is the debil. Seems every time I hook up to iTunes it does something to my phone I don't want.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4 still running on iOS5. Does anyone know if I can just upgrade it to iOS6 or will it force me to upgrade it to iOS7 if I try and do any upgrade now?

IOS 7 works fine on my 4. Probably features I can't use but what is visible works ok. Thinking you'd need a downloaded copy of iOS<7, or does Apple keep them available for older phones?

Trading in for 5s ASAP. Need the 64gb to hold more music (Wish it was 128 or more).

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was a big mistake for me. I hate hate hate this newfangled mess called iOS 7 terrible !!!!!!! The lack of color on the keyboard while text or emailing is no bueno. The camera has way more options than I need or want. Headed to apple tomorrow to see if there's anyway to reverse this terrible fawking monstrosity known as iOS 7 damn you apple I fawking hate this chit !!! The text and email is lots different as well as all my daym contacts ! I so wish I'd've looked at this crap on someone else's fawking phone before I made this huge mistake. If I can't change back I'm prob gonna sell this daym phone and get a fawking android I hate ios7 that much !

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was a big mistake for me. I hate hate hate this newfangled mess called iOS 7 terrible !!!!!!! The lack of color on the keyboard while text or emailing is no bueno. The camera has way more options than I need or want. Headed to apple tomorrow to see if there's anyway to reverse this terrible fawking monstrosity known as iOS 7 damn you apple I fawking hate this chit !!! The text and email is lots different as well as all my daym contacts ! I so wish I'd've looked at this crap on someone else's fawking phone before I made this huge mistake. If I can't change back I'm prob gonna sell this daym phone and get a fawking android I hate ios7 that much !

There is a way to downgrade. Google it there are a ton of guides

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife just downloaded it today. She wishes she didnt do it. I kinda liked it. I used to be an iphone guy but got tired of the same design with little change every year. Plus having to plug into iTunes everytime you want to add a song or ringtone was another thing that made me change. Apple just wont give control to the user. And not being able to upgrade storage or get to the battery. I have a 16 gig phone with 32 gig memory card. I have a samsung galaxy mega and love it. I had a note 2 before that. I saw the new iphone and it is the same as the 5. Just a subtle difference. But iphones are good phones. But back to the the update. I thought it had some nice ideas but fell short. It is to cartoonish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom