Iraq troop withdrawal by Christmas!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
key word Iraq....I know that one of my previous commanders is on orders now for Afghanistan come the first of the year...he is playing people like puppets. We have troops in too many locations right now on "deployment" and more oughta be home

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The initial time table for withdrawal by EOY 2011 was agreed to under the Bush admin. in 2008. The immunity question was not an Obama plan either, it was in the original agreement.

Perhaps...There is discussion that the original agreement didn't include a residual advisory force (or it at least left open the possibility of said force) and that's what we are talking about...but the final decisions were his, and he made the right ones, even when other choices were on the table. I won't attack him for that.

It won't make me vote for him for sure...but I wonder if it will sway others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...but the final decisions were his, and he made the right ones, even when other choices were on the table. I won't attack him for that.

It won't make me vote for him for sure...but I wonder if it will sway others.

Not suggesting anyone should attack him, just that he hopefully does not spin this as his.

It his his job to make the right decisions, but I think this one was pretty much made years ago. The original agreement was we leave by EOY 2011, and included legal jurisdiction provisions for any remaining troops should Iraq choose to request some remain. Iraq would never agree to that jurisdiction provision, so here we are. Iraq is essentially the one who pulled the plug, not BO.

Time to come home.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, he actually can take credit for this one. It was a question of negotiating the conditions for retaining some forces in theater and the Iraqis wouldn't concede on immunity so the Pres pulled the plug.

I don't like the guy, but this was the right call.

A huge +1. He's making the best call that could be made under the circumstances.

Latest posts

Top Bottom