Is 9mm any good in all reality?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love 9mm and .45 acp as well. I carry both (not at the same time). I have 2 9mm pitolas and 2 .45s. I had a .40 a while back and it was ok.
Like already said, use whatever your most accurate with.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love 9mm and .45 acp as well. I carry both (not at the same time). I have 2 9mm pitolas and 2 .45s. I had a .40 a while back and it was ok.
Like already said, use whatever your most accurate with.

This. I'm partial to the 40 round, but I'm much more accurate with a 9mm. I should say I suck less with a 9mm. Sure wish I could shoot worth a crap.

BobBarker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The aluminum cased federal for $10 a box/50 9mm at Walmart is what I have been shooting. Shoots fine, and about as cheap as you can get. Just less than $220/1000 rounds after tax.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20130901-021911.jpg

Ill just leave this here.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't feel safe with any pistol, but I can't get the SWAT team to travel with me and people stare when I take my shotgun.

Seriously, any handgun is a compromise in power compared to a rifle or shotgun, and in spite of all the hooha about caliber choice, the ability and experience to hit your target under fire is far more important than the details of your equipment, once you have a reliable arm with modern bullets of 9mm, .40, or .45. FMJ is not my choice for defense, but it is required for military use against an enemy (the gate guards that I know use hollow points in the states.) Might want to mosey up to Tulsa for some handgun training.

As to feeling safe, if I knew for sure there was going to be a gunfight tomorrow, my first choice would be lots of LEO with long arms and training to deal with it, and I would be elsewhere. I carry a handgun because I don't know, and the LEO can't be everywhere, and that is the best I can do.

well said. key I reckon is practice with whatever caliber until you are comfortable and feel safe with it. if you reload, or are interested in it, you can roll you own 9mm pretty cheap, and practice a lot. 9mm offers less recoil, fast 2nd shots, and a plethora of other things. Self defense ammo gives excellent results and doesn't have to break the bank. I like all three calibers, but if a 9 is what you want to carry, then get proficient with it and drive on. Glock 19 is one of the most popular purchased pistols sold. Easy to shoot, clean and get dang good at shooting it. Capacity is excellent for a fighting firearm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom