Is 9mm any good in all reality?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't feel safe with any pistol, but I can't get the SWAT team to travel with me and people stare when I take my shotgun.

Seriously, any handgun is a compromise in power compared to a rifle or shotgun, and in spite of all the hooha about caliber choice, the ability and experience to hit your target under fire is far more important than the details of your equipment, once you have a reliable arm with modern bullets of 9mm, .40, or .45. FMJ is not my choice for defense, but it is required for military use against an enemy (the gate guards that I know use hollow points in the states.) Might want to mosey up to Tulsa for some handgun training.

As to feeling safe, if I knew for sure there was going to be a gunfight tomorrow, my first choice would be lots of LEO with long arms and training to deal with it, and I would be elsewhere. I carry a handgun because I don't know, and the LEO can't be everywhere, and that is the best I can do.

Cops also have no obligation to protect you if a shooting occurred.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 46364

Ill just leave this here.

...and I will just leave this right here. Man shot in the abdomen with a .45 and survives. Two years later begins to complain of back pain and upon examination realizes the bullet is emerging from the skin. I dont care how awesome your special sauce round is, if you cant put it where it needs to be.

entry.jpgexit.jpg

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...and I will just leave this right here. Man shot in the abdomen with a .45 and survives. Two years later begins to complain of back pain and upon examination realizes the bullet is emerging from the skin. I dont care how awesome your special sauce round is, if you cant put it where it needs to be.

View attachment 46365View attachment 46366

I wasn't implying that 45 acp was a "Special Sauce" round. I was pointing out that the 9mm can have even more penetration depending on the load. I personally shoot and prefer 9mm but I wouldn't want to be shot by any of them. Hell, people have been killed by pellet guns.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The aluminum cased federal for $10 a box/50 9mm at Walmart is what I have been shooting. Shoots fine, and about as cheap as you can get. Just less than $220/1000 rounds after tax.

remember when academy sold it for $80/1000. I reloaded and still bought some, just to have a little store bought.

Latest posts

Top Bottom