Is it a coincidence that the unemployment page is down?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well I officially have no job, I will not be recieving any more paychecks from my previous employer. I attempted to apply for unemployment. (since we have the great hand out giver in office I might as well join the club) And to my surprise I was not able to complete my application for unemployment because the server was/is overloaded.

If anyone needs some labor I have plenty of time to work. I've got a one ton diesel truck to haul stuff and tools to build/maintain anything.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have 2 very real employment opportunities right now but they both have me starting in two weeks, I just need money to cover the bills until then. I just wish my previous employer hadn't intentionally blind sided me this way.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. Did this literally happen today, right after the election?

Well the decisions had been made prior to the election but I was informed this morning. I have a feeling it is in response to the election because of the amount of employees the company has if they downsize enough the insurance bill won't murder them.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the decisions had been made prior to the election but I was informed this morning. I have a feeling it is in response to the election because of the amount of employees the company has if they downsize enough the insurance bill won't murder them.

That really sucks. I hope this isn't a view of things to come with Obamacare but I fear the worst.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I know my company has dropped the top-tier of insurance they offered due to the changes. When I was laid off, I filed for unemployment. Took about 3 weeks to get the first check, so it's in no way fast, but, is worth your time as you'll recoup some of your personal losses from the 2 weeks of unemployment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom