Is It Legal To Carry In Fort Cobb State Park?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mln1963

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went there last weekend as planned. As I entered area 1 & 2 I noticed a sign that that included "no guns" practically over grown by trees.

Was that a general warning to the non-licensed public not enter with guns or a warning to all including us with a valid CWL?

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As best as I can understand it...those signs do not apply to those with a CCW license. I.E. the Self-Defense Act specifically says that carry on state/city parks is legal (as long as you don't enter any buildings designed to do business with the public).

I'm not sure about carrying on WMAs.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure about carrying on WMAs.

Depends on who actually owns the land. Places like Federally-owned McAlester Plant do NOT allow any firearms to be carried on controlled hunts.

A state-owned WMA generally has no restrictions on CC as long as the firearm remians concealed and is not illegally used for hunting.

This question come up in Hunter Safety class from time to time.

mln1963

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rod

Back to the question of SDA in the Ft. Cobb park. In your opinion as a former CFP instructor, is it legal to carry there with the no guns sign posted?

I feel that it should/would say no concealed carry if that is what they meant with the advent of the OK SDA. However, I have been know to be wrong on occasion. If you don't believe me; ask my 13 year old who knows it ALL!!! :hithead:

SD4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WMA land here in Oklahoma is generally state-land. It is perfectly legal to carry. As stated above, there are a small number of federally-owned areas that are off-limits. Fort Cobb is not one of those areas.

mln1963

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now I have to ask another question to SD 4. Where can a person find out which government agency owns WMA in Oklahama?

My other question above to Rod (or someone in the know) still stands.

Latest posts

Top Bottom