Is Obamagate worse than Watergate ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since Obama was aware of, and apparently approved of the entrapment of General Flynn to try to get information on the Trump campaign, should he be prosecuted as Nixon would have been had he not been pardoned by Ford ?

Do you think he will ever be held accountable for this crime ?

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the facts prove he did, he should be held accountable.
After all how many times have we heard the democrats say no one is above the law?
pelosi_justice.jpg

Last edited:

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
Presidential Immunity
PRESIDENTIAL IMMUNITY
The Constitution has no provision regarding presidential immunity akin to the speech or debate clause that protects members of Congress in performing their official duties. Nevertheless, most Presidents have claimed the constitutional structure implicitly protects their ability to execute their constitutional obligations.

The Supreme Court first recognized presidential immunity formally in united states v. nixon (1973). The Court concluded the privilege was not absolute but presumptive and ordered President richard m. nixon to comply with a subpoena requesting some tapes of his conversations with his aides. The Court determined that Nixon's "generalized" need for "confidential communications" with staff was outweighed by the need for the materials sought in a pending criminal prosecution against members of his staff.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ex Presidents have immunity if I remember right, but ruining his reputation publicly would work for me.
We always said obummer was the worst president in the history and this is additional proof.
Ex presidents have immunity for what ?

They don't have any immunity from criminal prosecution for any crime.

Nixon was not prosecuted only because Ford gave him a full pardon. I bet Trump will give Obama a pardon....don't you think ?

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bet Trump will give Obama a pardon....don't you think ?
I don't see Trump giving Obama or his admin a pardon. We're a LONG way off from an actual trial right now, but as much BS as they but him through, I don't see that happening at all. In my opinion, even if he were in a position where Obama or his admin staff were convicted, he shouldn't pardon them. This two-tiered justice nonsense has to stop. Lady Justice wears a blindfold for a reason. These crimes were intentional, and malicious in their design.

Last edited:

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ex presidents have immunity for what ?

They don't have any immunity from criminal prosecution for any crime.

Nixon was not prosecuted only because Ford gave him a full pardon. I bet Trump will give Obama a pardon....don't you think ?
HJB is correct. The DOJ issued an opinion in October of 2016, reinforcing an earlier DOJ opinion from 1973 that states the following:
"The indictment or criminal prosecution of a sitting President would unconstitutionally undermine the capacity of the executive branch to perform its constitutionally assigned functions."

https://www.justice.gov/olc/opinion...enability-indictment-and-criminal-prosecution

After office, it's fair game.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see Trump giving Obama or his admin a pardon. We're a LONG way off from an actual trial right now, but as much BS as they but him through, I don't see that happening at all. In my opinion, even if he were in a position where Obama or his admin staff were convicted, he shouldn't pardon them. This two-tiered justice nonsense has to stop. Lady Justice wears a blindfold for a reason. These crimes were intentional, and malicious in their design.
Oh I was not serious about Trump giving Obama a pardon. Sorry if I confused you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom