Is Owasso going to be/is the next Austin?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to town to do some shopping at Sam's and wallyworld (uck, I know right) so decided to stop into Logans Roadhouse for a bite. We try to switch up where we eat out at since we usually only go once or twice a month. Walking in I noticed the libturd sign on the front glass with 'No Weapons Allowed' which being a good citizen, ignored. Also noticed quite a few "female" waitstaff with shorter hair than my fade which I consider a 'butch' haircut, but I'm old and love to stereotype. I noticed Bricktown Brewery and S&B's burger joint had the same anti-2a sign up last time we were there too. Is it the same way at these franchises in other parts of Oklahoma or just in Owasso? Am I making a mountain out of a mole hill and should just keep ignoring the suggestive signs or just keep narrowing my choices of businesses that I'll spend my hard earned money in? Not sure if it's just a coincidence or not, but the one gun shop that I knew about in Owasso that isn't Academy, is now a flower shop. Doh!
I'll see if and how long my review for Logans Roadhouse stays on Google maps before the snowflakes cancel me.:violin:

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to town to do some shopping at Sam's and wallyworld (uck, I know right) so decided to stop into Logans Roadhouse for a bite. We try to switch up where we eat out at since we usually only go once or twice a month. Walking in I noticed the libturd sign on the front glass with 'No Weapons Allowed' which being a good citizen, ignored. Also noticed quite a few "female" waitstaff with shorter hair than my fade which I consider a 'butch' haircut, but I'm old and love to stereotype. I noticed Bricktown Brewery and S&B's burger joint had the same anti-2a sign up last time we were there too. Is it the same way at these franchises in other parts of Oklahoma or just in Owasso? Am I making a mountain out of a mole hill and should just keep ignoring the suggestive signs or just keep narrowing my choices of businesses that I'll spend my hard earned money in? Not sure if it's just a coincidence or not, but the one gun shop that I knew about in Owasso that isn't Academy, is now a flower shop. Doh!
I'll see if and how long my review for Logans Roadhouse stays on Google maps before the snowflakes cancel me.:violin:
There is a gun shop at like 169 and pine I believe. It’s somewhere in there. But to the heart of the matter. I have beat this horse over and over and I apologize if it’s tedious for some but having come from the liberal left coast of America I can predict the future a little bit. Owasso is a higher end town. Lots of high earners there. The high earning towns tend to go liberal along with the large cities. The college “educated” flock to cities for that stupid lifestyle and the wealthy pretend to be woke while segregating themselves from the the great metro area. This happened in Lake Oswego which is just south of Portland. It’s beyond liberal. And yet they have no homeless, perfect streets, no trash, etc. it’s little things that spread like a festering wound. But I firmly believe it’s not enough to just decide not to patronize a business because of their stance on guns. A thoughtful and polite conversation with management or ownership saying “I can’t support your business until you decide to support our 2nd amendment”. Let them know why. Anyways, I like owasso. Nice town. Hope it stays decent

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a gun shop at like 169 and pine I believe. It’s somewhere in there. But to the heart of the matter. I have beat this horse over and over and I apologize if it’s tedious for some but having come from the liberal left coast of America I can predict the future a little bit. Owasso is a higher end town. Lots of high earners there. The high earning towns tend to go liberal along with the large cities. The college “educated” flock to cities for that stupid lifestyle and the wealthy pretend to be woke while segregating themselves from the the great metro area. This happened in Lake Oswego which is just south of Portland. It’s beyond liberal. And yet they have no homeless, perfect streets, no trash, etc. it’s little things that spread like a festering wound. But I firmly believe it’s not enough to just decide not to patronize a business because of their stance on guns. A thoughtful and polite conversation with management or ownership saying “I can’t support your business until you decide to support our 2nd amendment”. Let them know why. Anyways, I like owasso. Nice town. Hope it stays decent
Hog Wash ! What a statement about Owasso. I live n Oologah 13 miles away and have been spending my money there for 23 yrs. The city is NOT liberal. More people attend church in that city per capita than any in Northeastern Oklahoma.. Regular church goers are some of the most conservative you will find.
There is also one of the finest private schools Rejoice, in the entire state.
I’ll bet my left gonad presumptuous statement you guys are making has NOTHING to do with the people of Owasso.
That crap stinks to high heaven. Take it somewhere else. Owasso is a great city, great people, and you guys are out of order

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before shatting on people’s hometowns and businesses, it’s best to look at the big picture. A lot of firearms restrictions on businesses aren’t because “they’re commie loving libturds that want to be like California/Austin/Whatever state we hate this week” but rather, many have that because of enforcement issues, irresponsible gun owners, and insurance requirements. Many businesses have insurance providers that require such a sign to prevent liability issues. Many businesses have that sign up because of irresponsible gun owners. For example, I have a friend, who runs a restaurant which is pretty much half bar. When they had mask regulations, she asked a guy to put on a mask. He said no, she stated that she reserves the right to serve who the business pleases, and that he would t be served. He then brandished his sidearm and pointed it at her. Now, no firearms allowed. I watched a guy at a Santa Fe steakhouse drop his craptastic 1911 in a serpa holster onto the floor while sitting at a bar, and then walked out on his tab because the bartender told him he cannot serve him if he was carrying a firearm.

I think people should be able to do what they please when they please, but when you’re gonna go around and act like the people I mentioned above, not only are you setting a terrible example, but you’re ruining it for everyone. There’s plenty of reasons why a company would put a gun buster sign on the door. I can’t blame a lot of them, I know I wouldnt want my mediocrely paid employees with little to no de-escalation techniques to have to deal with that crap if I owned a business, nor would I want to deal with the liability of workers comp or arming said employees and trusting them to react appropriately.

Also, hair has little to do with a person. My little sister is the most hyper conservative, devoutly religious, person I know. She judged me for my fiancé living with me. She makes me look like satan incarnate walking upon the face of this earth, yet her hair has been shorter than mine, and is often shorter than 4 inches.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you been to Austin? It is light years worse than a couple short haircuts and "no weapon" signs. In Austin they would ask you your pronouns at the door and if you want the tofu burger with plant based "cheese".

I am sure you can find that in Tulsa proper though..
Does 6th street count? :ooh2: Haven't been there in forever and a day, but from different news stories it sounds like it's going down quickly.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hog Wash ! What a statement about Owasso. I live n Oologah 13 miles away and have been spending my money there for 23 yrs. The city is NOT liberal. More people attend church in that city per capita than any in Northeastern Oklahoma.. Regular church goers are some of the most conservative you will find.
There is also one of the finest private schools Rejoice, in the entire state.
I’ll bet my left gonad presumptuous statement you guys are making has NOTHING to do with the people of Owasso.
That crap stinks to high heaven. Take it somewhere else. Owasso is a great city, great people, and you guys are out of order
l0MYrqggEwtDscVP2.gif

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a statement about Owasso.
Which statement about Owasso do you mean? The one where he called it a higher end town, or the one where he says it has lots of high earners? 'Cause everything after the "high earners" sentence is no longer about Owasso--it's about how cities like Owasso on the left coast went from being nice towns to being hell holes.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t know a lot of folks from there, but ALL of the ones I do know have 2 things in common.
They all took the vax, including making sure their kids took it. (Including infants)
They ALL voted for Biden and have said they will do so again because they “like where he is taking the country.”

Make what you will of that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom