Is the usa generous?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're generous to a fault. We'll give ANYONE a free war.

Yep...and then we'll pay them for it afterward.

If anyone hasn't watched it...you should really watch the movie "The Mouse That Roared".

It's a comedy based upon reality starring Peter Sellers. It's about a small insignificant country that wages war upon the US for the sole purpose of getting $$$$ to rebuild. It's a very good movie, and Peter Sellers is awesome as usual, but the truthful message it sends is sad.

We are so generous, that we rebuild those we conquer stronger than they were. On the other hand, it saddens me that our own people/society suffer because we are so intent on helping the world that we run ourselves into poverty.

I'm all for helping others. My family budget includes monthly charity allotments and other things; but if we can't keep our own country strong and prosperous, then how are we going to be able to help anyone else?

We need to keep ourselves strong. Then , we can continue to help others.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep...and then we'll pay them for it afterward.

If anyone hasn't watched it...you should really watch the movie "The Mouse That Roared".

It's a comedy based upon reality starring Peter Sellers. It's about a small insignificant country that wages war upon the US for the sole purpose of getting $$$$ to rebuild. It's a very good movie, and Peter Sellers is awesome as usual, but the truthful message it sends is sad.

We are so generous, that we rebuild those we conquer stronger than they were. On the other hand, it saddens me that our own people/society suffer because we are so intent on helping the world that we run ourselves into poverty.

I'm all for helping others. My family budget includes monthly charity allotments and other things; but if we can't keep our own country strong and prosperous, then how are we going to be able to help anyone else?

We need to keep ourselves strong. Then , we can continue to help others.

I still remember that movie, a great oldie. It was insane even then. That's the biggest problem I see. We don't just help somebody through difficult times, no, we make them forever dependents. Just like the domestic welfare.
Perhaps the proper term would be foreign welfare not foreign aid.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still remember that movie, a great oldie. It was insane even then. That's the biggest problem I see. We don't just help somebody through difficult times, no, we make them forever dependents. Just like the domestic welfare.
Perhaps the proper term would be foreign welfare not foreign aid.

Very true.

Latest posts

Top Bottom