Is the usa generous?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are going deeper in debt every day.
I think that it is time to give nothing out and perhaps get something back from our "friends" for all the years we have supported them.
At the very least, our "friends", being the good friends they are, they should announce that they will not accept any of the money we keep borrowing.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Poe's a lot of fun. He would make a good televangelist. Whether or not I agree with him on a particular issue I at least respect and appreciate him for being earnest and guileless, which I think is a rare quality in politics. My favorite Poe video is the light bulb video, with which I do wholeheartedly agree.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The thing I wonder about is what do we give all that money for? What do we get back for it? I don't think we're giving it just out of generosity. It crosses political lines, so it's not national politics. There must be something we're getting for that money. If we're giving it just to be generous we're being foolish. There are times when we should share, like sharing resources with Japan right now. Japan is our strategic partner in that part of the world. If they hurt, we hurt. But giving 20 million to Cuba? We must be getting something back for that.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The thing I wonder about is what do we give all that money for? What do we get back for it? I don't think we're giving it just out of generosity. It crosses political lines, so it's not national politics. There must be something we're getting for that money. If we're giving it just to be generous we're being foolish. There are times when we should share, like sharing resources with Japan right now. Japan is our strategic partner in that part of the world. If they hurt, we hurt. But giving 20 million to Cuba? We must be getting something back for that.

The way I see it, I come to you and say hey friend, I need $1000. You, being the nice guy you are, you'd like to help me but you happened to be broke. Are you going to borrow money from a Chinese bank to give it to me and then pay the loan with interest? I hate your guts by the way and this is not the first time, you've been paying me all your life.
I have no problem helping somebody, like Japan for example, that was hit by a natural disaster and who will appreciate it and stand by you when you need them. This policy of throwing tax payer money all over the place and supporting leeches that will for ever suck our blood, with no end in sight, it is getting old.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The way I see it, I come to you and say hey friend, I need $1000. You, being the nice guy you are, you'd like to help me but you happened to be broke. Are you going to borrow money from a Chinese bank to give it to me and then pay the loan with interest? I hate your guts by the way and this is not the first time, you've been paying me all your life.
I have no problem helping somebody, like Japan for example, that was hit by a natural disaster and who will appreciate it and stand by you when you need them. This policy of throwing tax payer money all over the place and supporting leeches that will for ever suck our blood, with no end in sight, is getting old.

Agreed. We should also stop doing everyone else dirty work. The Arab League and Europeans wanted a no fly zone over Libya, let them commit their resources for once instead of the US doing the loin's share.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Poe's a lot of fun. He would make a good televangelist. Whether or not I agree with him on a particular issue I at least respect and appreciate him for being earnest and guileless, which I think is a rare quality in politics. My favorite Poe video is the light bulb video, with which I do wholeheartedly agree.

I think you are talking about the CFL bulbs with the mercury and the cleanup. It was great.

Latest posts

Top Bottom