Is there any validity in the health risks to eating Oklahoma lake caught fish?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you do find yourself fishing a trout pond try this... Using an open bale spinning reel with a long light rod, put a fly on the end of your line then about 4 feet from the end place a bobber on the line. Gives you some weight so you can cast it out to the middle of the pond. Cast and retrieve, try different speeds but it will catch fish.

When I was about 12 my step dad took me with him to a trout farm in Colorado. One of the ponds had 10-12 guys standing around the bank not having much luck. I set up my rig as above and just about as fast as I could haul one in I had a fish. Pretty cool thing to happen to a 12 year old.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
before they built lake arcadia into what it is today, if you saw what was dumped in the old small lake, you wouldn't eat anything from that lake. the lake was used as a dump site for old electrical service transformers, and who knows what the locals dumped there. nasty place we went to drink beer in high school days. the Rubles owned most of Arcadia and the eastern end of the lake, had a cabin that is now submerged there. went to school with one of the family, he had to sell all that arcadia land to pay for an early Zudi heart transplant, likely he's the longest living transplant around, a few years back he was #4 on the list

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There’s enough validity in this to keep me from eating anything pulled out of the water in Oklahoma. Give me something from clear ocean waters or give me beef.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom