Is there anything going on with an Oklahoma Firearms Freedom Act?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Made in Oklahoma would take on a whole new meaning had Governor Brad Henry not vetoed Randy Brogdon's Firearms Freedom Act. The FFA would reassert States Rights, by allowing firearms, ammunition and accessories manufactured in Oklahoma, for Oklahoma would be free of the Commerce Clause that is so often used as a way to erode the 10th Amendment.

Other states have passed Firearms Freedom Acts, so why not Oklahoma? Would Oklahomans support the right to manufacture firearms, ammunition and shooting accessories like magazines, for in-state consumption, free of Federal regulation? Where are we at on the FFA and will it be seen again in the State of Oklahoma?

Who wouldn't want a select-fire AR or AK proudly made in Oklahoma that is free of the ATF and IRS?

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have a good point. I would also love to know if anything is being done about getting this bill passed. That would be a tremendous step on the right direction for our 2A rights. I have a friend in the senate. I will give him a call and see if he can do anything to get the ball rolling on it.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You have a good point. I would also love to know if anything is being done about getting this bill passed. That would be a tremendous step on the right direction for our 2A rights. I have a friend in the senate. I will give him a call and see if he can do anything to get the ball rolling on it.

Well, we could ALL call and bug our reps. Get the Firearms Freedom Act legislation going again and pass that sucker!

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Same here. I'll send him a note.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
From Montana Firearms Freedom Act Wiki;

"The law declares that firearms manufactured in the state of Montana after October 1, 2009, and which remain in the state, are exempt from United States federal firearms regulations, provided that these items are clearly stamped "Made in Montana" on a central metallic part.

It applies to all firearms other than fully automatic weapons, firearms that cannot be carried and used by one person, and firearms with a bore diameter greater than 1½ inch which use smokeless powder. It also applies to ammunition (except exploding projectiles), and accessories such as suppressors.[2]

The law has no requirements for registration, background checks or dealer licensing."

I believe 7 or 8 other states have already passed the exact same thing and others are to follow. The Montana Shooting Sports Association and others have sued Eric Holder and others, to affirm the Constitutionality of the Firearms Freedom Act. Other states are considering the Firearms Freedom Act, as patterned by Montana.

When can we get the Oklahoma Firearms Freedom Act fired up again and sent to Governor Fallin's desk for her signature?

Latest posts

Top Bottom