Is this discrimination, reverse discrimination, reverse-reverse discrimination?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So...You can choose your gender at will but not your race?
Rachel Dolezal begs to differ.

Personally, if I were in charge, I'd change any form that asks "Sex: (M/F)" to read "Genotype on 23rd Chromosome: (XX/XY)." They can ***** all they want about "genderfluid," but genotype is a cold, hard fact.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rachel Dolezal begs to differ.

Personally, if I were in charge, I'd change any form that asks "Sex: (M/F)" to read "Genotype on 23rd Chromosome: (XX/XY)." They can ***** all they want about "genderfluid," but genotype is a cold, hard fact.

This is a nice example of the difference between biological-sex and gender-identity. Ask both on your form, and you're covered.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The interesting part of all of this is simply, we (maybe just me) old folks just don't get it at all. I personally have absolutely zero understanding of associating with anything myself other than white, male, heterosexual, educated, married, etc, etc. I see others at face value generally and expect the same in return. I have never met anyone that corrected my assumptions as to gender, race or sexual preference. My world is sheltered I suppose in that regard. The current "trending" world of what you see is not always what you get is very strange to try to grasp. I have a decent education with regards to Psychology, not as in depth as some here, but I think I generally "get it". Does the need for acceptance/sympathy of other aspects of human make-up feed this trend of association with other genders, races, etc? Have we become a species of choose your traits vs. take what you were given? It is very different today than when I was growing up, girls were beautiful and sought after, guys were a bit rougher (as in manly) and worked hard to impress them. A woman would wait for the door to be opened for her, chair pulled out at Dinner, and so on. I am not a dinosaur, but my kids have these traits instilled in them, all 6 of them. My wife and daughters wear dresses to church and we fellas slacks, shirt and tie. I pump the gas for my wife, always. So for me to grasp this whole identifying as something other than what I see is a bit awkward.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The interesting part of all of this is simply, we (maybe just me) old folks just don't get it at all. I personally have absolutely zero understanding of associating with anything myself other than white, male, heterosexual, educated, married, etc, etc. I see others at face value generally and expect the same in return. I have never met anyone that corrected my assumptions as to gender, race or sexual preference. My world is sheltered I suppose in that regard. The current "trending" world of what you see is not always what you get is very strange to try to grasp. I have a decent education with regards to Psychology, not as in depth as some here, but I think I generally "get it". Does the need for acceptance/sympathy of other aspects of human make-up feed this trend of association with other genders, races, etc? Have we become a species of choose your traits vs. take what you were given? It is very different today than when I was growing up, girls were beautiful and sought after, guys were a bit rougher (as in manly) and worked hard to impress them. A woman would wait for the door to be opened for her, chair pulled out at Dinner, and so on. I am not a dinosaur, but my kids have these traits instilled in them, all 6 of them. My wife and daughters wear dresses to church and we fellas slacks, shirt and tie. I pump the gas for my wife, always. So for me to grasp this whole identifying as something other than what I see is a bit awkward.

Postmodernism - logic is of no consequence, feelings are everything

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the risk of having someone insult me, here it goes. In class we discuss race and society all the time. I am a little less then half American Indian. However, I am very dark skinned. My mom, American Indian, and father divorced when I was about 10 months old. I grew up with my dad and grandparents who were so German, they spoke German all the time. I tell students that I am a big brown Oreo cookie, brown on the outside and white in the middle. Culturally I am German, not American Indian.
I ask the kids what am I German or Indian. the kids all say German, but then I ask them how society sees me. They then say as an Indian, or make a joke about me being George Lopez. As a realist, in society I am an American Indian.

Latest posts

Top Bottom