Is Vltor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are excellent. That's what Noveske uses on their low pro builds. I have one and it's very nice. Extra material in the right places to make a stiffer, stronger upper.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear they're heavier too - I would absolutely love to have an AR built on a VLTOR MUR upper and Seekins Billet lower.

It would almost look like a transformer.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It looks nice for sure, I checked their website and Larue website both of these company stuffs are awesome according from what you guys says. I'm now thinking about back out on the M1A and build me an AR15 from Larue and Vltor instead. I gotta do some more research about these two. From what I have see the Lower from Larue is machinist and looks different from any regular lower and upper from Vltor is shape different too. I don't know if they would fit together. Larue Stealth Sniper systems are bad to the bone but it's pricey I'm sure it worth every penny. Vltor however they do not have complete rifle, all I saw from their web was upper. LMT is out of my pocket budget. This is an expensive hobby.

Vltor parts ordering system is so confusing. I want to find out how much for a MUR vltor complete upper with Bolt assist and dust cover door but I couldn't find the price for it. If you guys had any experience with customer service over the phone, please give me some info and who should I look for when I want to talk over the phone with them? I love the M1A but the black SPR AR15 rifle is just so nice. Well I'll buy my dad an M1A soon, I can share with him at the range :)

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you go with the MUR upper, you might want to check out the Troy TRX Extreme forend/rails. They're tough yet super light weight. The extra mass of the MUR on centerline and light rail system up front should result in a carbine with excellent balance and handling, assuming you pick a good medium to light contour (or fluted/dimpled) barrel. A nice bonus is that they're cheaper than DD or some of the other top tier rail systems.

http://store.troyind.com/TRX_BattleRails_s/51.htm

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear they're heavier too - I would absolutely love to have an AR built on a VLTOR MUR upper and Seekins Billet lower.

It would almost look like a transformer.

I'm planning on doing this, but with a VIS upper half and not an MUR.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you go with the MUR upper, you might want to check out the Troy TRX Extreme forend/rails. They're tough yet super light weight. The extra mass of the MUR on centerline and light rail system up front should result in a carbine with excellent balance and handling, assuming you pick a good medium to light contour (or fluted/dimpled) barrel. A nice bonus is that they're cheaper than DD or some of the other top tier rail systems.

http://store.troyind.com/TRX_BattleRails_s/51.htm

Plus, they look like this:

[Broken External Image]

awww.oppictures.com_singleimages_400_PAC37176_1_1.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom