Israel going in?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm guessing you didn't read back in this thread. The death toll of the Palestinian civilians is the direct result of Hamas using the civilian population as human shields, and not allowing them to leave the area when they are alerted by text message, phone calls and social media that an attack is imminant on a certain local. In fact some that have a death wish actually run to the targeted areas.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/182741

Just recently UN inspectors found rockets stored in a United States sponsored school. FOR THE SECOND TIME!

What did the UN idiots do? They gave the rockets to "palistinian police authority's" which is the code name for Hamas.

The United Nations Relief and Works Agency For Palestine Refugees (UNRWA) announced Tuesday that rockets had been found on their premises for the second time in less than a week.

UNRWA released a letter condemning the ‘finding’ , and again refusing to place blame on any group or organization for stashing rockets on their grounds. The letter wrote:

Today, in the course of the regular inspection of its premises, UNRWA discovered rockets hidden in a vacant school in the Gaza Strip. As soon as the rockets were discovered, UNRWA staff were withdrawn from the premises, and so we are unable to confirm the precise number of rockets. The school is situated between two other UNRWA schools that currently each accommodate 1,500 internally displaced persons.

UNRWA strongly and unequivocally condemns the group or groups responsible for this flagrant violation of the inviolability of its premises under international law.

The Agency immediately informed the relevant parties and is pursuing all possible measures for the removal of the objects in order to preserve the safety and security of the school. UNRWA will launch a comprehensive investigation into the circumstances surrounding this incident.

UNRWA has reinforced and continues to implement its robust procedures to maintain the neutrality of all its premises, including a strict no-weapons policy and regular inspections of its installations, to ensure they are only used for humanitarian purposes.

Palestinian civilians in Gaza rely on UNRWA to provide humanitarian assistance and shelter. At all times, and especially during escalations of violence, the sanctity and integrity of UN installations must be respected.

Israeli officials strongly condemned the UN agency’s behavior. A Foreign Ministry spokesperson said, “How many more schools will have to be abused by Hamas missile squads before the international community will intervene. How many times can it turn its head the other way and pretend that it just doesn’t see?”

Just last Wednesday, UNRWA announced it had found 20 rockets stored in a children’s school on its campus. UNRWA said at the time it gave the rockets to “local authorities” for proper disposal. Many pointed out at the time, including Breitbart’s Thomas Rose, that in all likelihood the weapons had made their way back in the hands of the Hamas terrorist organization.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/...t-US-Funded-UN-School-In-Gaza-For-Second-Time

Normally, if a person is in the way of a threat, you don't pull the trigger.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather not kill civilians. Weird, having morals.

Which includes the Hamas militants they've killed. It also includes the number of "non-combatants" who were used as human shields (some willingly). By your definition, the United States has killed far more "non-combatants" in the drone wars than Israel has during this round. You obviously have a serious lack of understanding regarding the SOP for terrorist organizations when it comes to the information war. Perhaps your time would be better served by expanding your horizons and doing some research on the matter.

As far as the Gulf War, we allowed the Iraqi's to flee, but only if they dropped their arms and fled on foot. If they tried to drive back to Iraq, we slaughtered them. It was like shooting fish in a barrel.

I agree, but if you want to stop the unnecessary death, then you need to tell Hamas. They are the instigators on this round and they're the ones who refused a cease-fire.

Again, you're bringing up unrelated topics. We're talking about Israel and Palestine, not the US bombing weddings in Yemen.

This "kill everyone at all costs" attitude is disturbing to say the least.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

And yet American troops have done exactly that for well over a century.

Again, you're bringing up unrelated topics. We're talking about Israel and Palestine, not the US bombing weddings in Yemen.

You obviously don't understand the nature of the conflict if you actually believe this. :rolleyes2

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I admit I was hyperbolic, but it stands that it's obvious that Israel doesn't really care if a few kids get blown up in the process.

I actually don't believe that. I think they understand very well that every true non-combatant they kill will extend the conflict. They're between a rock and a hard place. They can't police Gaza and arrest Hamas militants, and they can't allow Hamas to amass weapons and continue to attack them.

What exactly are you supposed to do with a belligerent who's very existence is to erase yours? Exterminate them? :(

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If Israel were adopting this "kill at all costs" attitude, there would be a veritable genocide occurring. It is clear with their targeted bombings and methods of warning shot style bombing that they are trying to minimize the civilian casualties while still limiting the rocket attacks heading indiscriminately towards Israel's civilians. IDK how much longer the warning shot method will work because I just saw in the last day or two where Hamas is herding children and other civilians unto the roofs upon the warning shot being fired thus terminating the actual strike.

It's hard to effectively combat terrorists when they are running around in ambulances, storing rockets in schools and firing from hospitals. They (Hamas) actively attempt to sacrifice innocent life to protect their weapons and propagandize the world against Israel.

Now that being said, I don't believe we should be giving any kind of aid to Israel. They are a first world country more than capable of providing for themselves and purchasing whatever armament they see fit. If they want western hardware, they can pay for it.

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually don't believe that. I think they understand very well that every true non-combatant they kill will extend the conflict. They're between a rock and a hard place. They can't police Gaza and arrest Hamas militants, and they can't allow Hamas to amass weapons and continue to attack them.

What exactly are you supposed to do with a belligerent who's very existence is to erase yours? Exterminate them? :(

I don't have an answer for that. It's a long a complicated road that lead everyone to today and there's no easy resolution. But the thing that bothers me the most are the civilians caught in the middle. Yes, Hamas likes to hide among the children, but a dead child is still a dead child.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I admit I was hyperbolic, but it stands that it's obvious that Israel doesn't really care if a few kids get blown up in the process.

I really believe you have that backwards. It is the murderous gang the Pali's elected to run Gaza that do not care whether innocents are killed, except when it can serve the propaganda machine.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Its obvious you did not even take the time to read the link provided. The civilians are being

wasted by their own government, some willingly.

Why even throw in your self imposed morally superior comment without taking the time to read the real story?

Latest posts

Top Bottom