Israel has been fired upon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is your point?

That this isn't a war fought in a battlefield. It's indiscriminate bombing of cities. It's one thing when you are invading a complex or training center in remote Afghanistan or or bombing a militant tent in Yemen. It's a different war altogether sending a rocket into an apartment complex.

You want to get the Islamic world to hate the US, just send us over there to help kill some babies. Then they'll REALLY hate our freedom.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That this isn't a war fought in a battlefield. It's indiscriminate bombing of cities. It's one thing when you are invading a complex or training center in remote Afghanistan or or bombing a militant tent in Yemen. It's a different war altogether sending a rocket into an apartment complex.

You want to get the Islamic world to hate the US, just send us over there to help kill some babies. Then they'll REALLY hate our freedom.

I haven't said a word about the U.S. doing anything. I think most of us know where I stand on that and it isn't relevant to my question. Wars fought on battlefields are a thing of the far distant past. Wars are waged where the battle is. I have to admit your post is true, and I understand your position, but war is ugly, violent, and brutal and does not fit into a neat box labeled " combatants only". It is a sad fact to be sure, but that is reality.

Devilsbcoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those in Gaza have had no problem lobbing missiles toward civilian areas of Israel. If not for the rocket defense system of Israel, there would be a far greater number of casualties (women and children) in Israel. Hamas had no problem targeting the women and children in highly populated areas of Israel. Where is your outrage over this? Why should Israel be expected to play by a different set of rules? If some country chose to indiscriminately lob missiles in the general direction of the ole' USA, I would have no issue with bombing the hell out of their whole country. And yeah, some women and children would probably die. That is the price of modern warfare.

I also found it interesting that while portraying themselves as victims of a cruel Israeli attack, many of those being interviewed by the media continued to profess their support for Hamas, the militant organization that fired the first shot in this particular conflict. If you support 'em, you may suffer from the consequences of their actions---sorry.

Agree that the US should just stay out of it though.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But but but.... this is the new Mcarthyism. Islam is the new communism. This is the new red scare. Korea and Vietnam, then Iraq and Afghanistan.

Find some nebulous cause to support (religion is a good one, this is not about religion in principle), then bomb the **** out of people to support support your cause. Military. Industrial. Complex.

Devilsbcoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But but but.... this is the new Mcarthyism. Islam is the new communism. This is the new red scare. Korea and Vietnam, then Iraq and Afghanistan.

Find some nebulous cause to support (religion is a good one, this is not about religion in principle), then bomb the **** out of people to support support your cause. Military. Industrial. Complex.

The first shots in this particular conflict were fired by Hamas. If you truly believe that this whole Israeli attack is about Islam, I have a couple of questions for you.

1. Why did Hamas launch missiles into Israel to begin (renew?) this conflict?

2. Does a country fired upon by another have the right to retaliate against its attacker?

While religion may play some part in the Israeli response, I see it more as a retaliation for first being indiscriminately attacked. The first shots however may have truly been fired for religious purposes. Unfortunately, that fact would not support your argument that "Islam is the new Red Scare" as the initial attackers were Islamic while the original victims were Jewish.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first shots in this particular conflict were fired by Hamas. If you truly believe that this whole Israeli attack is about Islam, I have a couple of questions for you.

1. Why did Hamas launch missiles into Israel to begin (renew?) this conflict?

2. Does a country fired upon by another have the right to retaliate against its attacker?

While religion may play some part in the Israeli response, I see it more as a retaliation for first being indiscriminately attacked. The first shots however may have truly been fired for religious purposes. Unfortunately, that fact would not support your argument that "Islam is the new Red Scare" as the initial attackers were Islamic while the original victims were Jewish.

TedKennedy answered it quite pointedly, but more I was more generally commenting on how the US administration would argue getting involved. It would not be done in defense of Israel as much as preemptive defense against a terrorist organization (HAMAS). I concede that this current Israeli-Palestinian conflict is not about militant Islam, but our involvement in that region has most certainly been veiled with that mission.

If we were to become involved, that would presumably be the justification; as we view HAMAS as a terrorist organization (even perhaps tied to Syria and Iran), not a suppressed legitimate government striving to liberate its people.

Devilsbcoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the original article (post #1):

"Israel and Hamas have largely observed an informal truce for the past four years. But in recent weeks, the calm unraveled in a bout of rocket attacks on Israel from Gaza and retaliatory Israeli airstrikes."

"Palestinians pray over the body of Hamas' top military commander Ahmed Jabari, killed in an Israeli strike on Wednesday..."

"The fighting began on Wednesday after Israel killed Hamas military chief Ahmed Jabari in an airstrike, then attacked dozens of rocket launchers. The offensive follows weeks of rocket fire out of Gaza."

Which came first?

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ted, you're a little late with your "first shot" accusation. Hamas has been lobbing missles into Israel all year long.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you say so....
I guess we have to go back to the beginning. May Israel be an independent state one day!

May we be blessed with politicians that have U.S. interests at heart, and no other.

May John Hagee lead all U.S. Israelites bravely into battle for their glorious cause!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom