Issue with Harris bi-pod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My guess I you got either a good one or one of the older ones before they changed manufacturing process.

I about fell over when B&C told me to send it in on my dime and pay for the custom fitting if I wanted it fixed.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't order directly from B&C

I got mine from Stockys

Same here - Stockys would have exchanged yours for you if you had problems.

That sucks to hear, but you might stop by Steve Baldwin's place to let him take a look - sometimes various stocks need inletting/fitting to fit your particular rifle.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah after this order I will take my chance on Choate for now.

I had no intentions of paying Steve to redo the barrel area and level out the spot where the bipod mounts, then redrill and replace the bipod posts on a brand new stock.

Those are all things that B&C should of have done as quality control before the stock even left the factory.

The reviews for B&C on some of the sites are not good now either, alot of people are complaining of quality issues with them it seems.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I got a pleasant surprise today. UPS guy dropped of the sling for the AR yesterday and then tonight he came back and dropped off the Choate stock.

So far I am decently impressed. It is slightly lighter than the B&C, the internal aluminum bed seems nicer and the new stock fixed a issue with the B&C that I was not even sure of until tonight.

On the B&C when I tried to put the 5th round into the internal magazine it would not fit without some serious pressure which in turn resulted in more pressure to strip the round out of the magazine.

With the Choate stock I can get all 5 rounds in nicely and they load and eject correctly as well.

The only things I dont like is the sling mounts which will make me have to find a new sling and that the reciever does not sit flush in the stock. After some research Choate had to add 3/16 to the aluminum frame causing the receiver to sit high. I may try to look into fixing it down the road, for now it looks ok.

I checked out the sight picture with the bipod on it and all is well once again, everything is perfectly verticle and horizontal like it should be. With a quick check of the laser sight it didnt even change the sight picture much at all either.

So now back off to the range this week if time permits.

Latest posts

Top Bottom