It’s almost a free for all- thanks republicans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That would be a kick in the pants if a guy is floating along the top edge of a tax bracket and the stimulus money pushed him up into the the next bracket lol.

It could very easily happen.

It can’t though. The tax rate on income is on the chunk of income in that bracket. Anything you earn less than that (so before the stimulus) is taxed at the lowest brackets’ rates. Said in a different way, only additional income in a new income bracket is taxed at higher rates. You don’t take home less after taxes because your income goes up, ceteris paribus.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It can’t though. The tax rate on income is on the chunk of income in that bracket. Anything you earn less than that (so before the stimulus) is taxed at the lowest brackets’ rates. Said in a different way, only additional income in a new income bracket is taxed at higher rates. You don’t take home less after taxes because your income goes up, ceteris paribus.

Don't bring logic into this gripe fest!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Good point Cards81fan, forgot about that small detail lol

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Ha! I was reading an economics text book this evening and just came across that term for the first time a few hours ago.

Yes, I am reading an Econ book for personal enrichment, not for a grade haha

Someone should take your temperature!!!! Honestly you'll get more out of it if it's not for a grade lol.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha! I was reading an economics text book this evening and just came across that term for the first time a few hours ago.

Yes, I am reading an Econ book for personal enrichment, not for a grade haha

My undergrad degree is in Econ. You got me ;)

Honestly you'll get more out of it if it's not for a grade lol.

So. True.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not everyone in the 'upper tax brackets' is rich... some people in that realm still live paycheck to paycheck and have a ton of debt business and/or school debt. One or two lost paychecks can be just as crippling to them as to you.

Jus' sayin'. I used to think the same as some of you...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I constantly bumped the max tax rate with overtime pay. Typically having so much overtime that it seemed the norm, but yes your correct.

Latest posts

Top Bottom