It Doesn’t Pay to Work.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made it just fine working for the city of Woodward for two years. It was around 25k a year and I did great. I had a stay at home girlfriend and a newborn son at the time, rented a house and had two nice paid-for cars. I didn't have to pinch pennies at all or ask for handouts because I wasn't a complete idiot with my money. It alot of cases it boils down to people are idiots and can't manage money at all.

I don't want to sound hateful, but if the stay at home parent lacked health insurance in today's health care environment, then I am not going to consider that "doing great." If the uninsured parent got a small staph infection, for example, because newborn children harbor lots of nasty bacteria that parents clean up, and had to go to an ER for an incision and drain and antibiotics, they could be out a thousand dollars or more for a couple hours care. If they have wisdom teeth removed, or a root canal, or a broken bone set, these relatively routine medical procedure's bills could break a family of three on a fixed income of 25k without insurance.

Also, what's the rent rate in Woodward compared to the rest of America? 25k there is much more significant that pretty much any other place in the country. This is very much an exception to the national average. It's an apples-to-oranges comparison.

racing1g

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't want to sound hateful, but if the stay at home parent lacked health insurance in today's health care environment, then I am not going to consider that "doing great." If the uninsured parent got a small staph infection, for example, because newborn children harbor lots of nasty bacteria that parents clean up, and had to go to an ER for an incision and drain and antibiotics, they could be out a thousand dollars or more for a couple hours care. If they have wisdom teeth removed, or a root canal, or a broken bone set, these relatively routine medical procedure's bills could break a family of three on a fixed income of 25k without insurance.

Also, what's the rent rate in Woodward compared to the rest of America? 25k there is much more significant that pretty much any other place in the country. This is very much an exception to the national average. It's an apples-to-oranges comparison.

Rent was $600 a month for a decent house. She did not have health insurance for a short period of time because she was not working then, funny that you mention wisdom teeth, before I had health insurance I paid out of pocket to have mine removed and I was not living in a cardboard box afterwards. I am not saying it is all unicorns and rainbows living off little income, i'm saying it is possible with hard work. I fully support people that need some help buying groceries and things like sooner care for children, but the standards for getting aid is pretty damn lax and alot of people abuse it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom