J. C. Higgins shotgun??????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one as well.. It HAD the POWer-PAC choke system on it, it was a weird thing, the shot cup would have to jump across about an inch gap between the end of the barrel and the choke, I can't count the number of wads, er pieces of wads that I pulled out of that thing over the years. I used it growing up as a dove/squirrel gun.

Once I moved on to a new shotgun my dad cut the choke system off of it and its still in service as his home defense gun.

[Broken External Image]

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one in a bolt action 20ga. I have fired it, it didn't blow up. The recoil pad says Iver-Johnson though...weird

Could have been an IJ. I know IJ made some JCH revolvers.

The point that all JC Higgins are high standard is that High Standard was a division of SRco. High Standard was not allowed to sell outright until 1962. So, even the H&Rs, Winchester et al that were sold as JC higgins, were actually H&Rs, Winchesters et al made exclusively for High Standard.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To answer the question about what they are worth. Im not a gunbroker, dealer, or collector, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I would say its not quite what you are expecting unless its a rare piece. So my best guesstimate would be $100 - $300 depending on condition.

My Model 20 is worth more in sentimental vaue than monetary.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From $0 to $150, depends on condition, There are a lot of things that can go wrong with an old shotgun and some of them cost more to fix than the gun would be worth,

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Could have been an IJ. I know IJ made some JCH revolvers.

The point that all JC Higgins are high standard is that High Standard was a division of SRco. High Standard was not allowed to sell outright until 1962. So, even the H&Rs, Winchester et al that were sold as JC higgins, were actually H&Rs, Winchesters et al made exclusively for High Standard.

No, it says JC Higgins on the metal. Maybe the recoil pad is not original.

Latest posts

Top Bottom