j frame speedloaders?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's exactly why I preach the usefullness of the Bodyguard series over the Centennials. Get used to shooting that lil' feller in SA mode for a while, then switch over to DA mode after you've gotten used to the harsh, snappy recoil and found your sights.

Damn! I feel like a broken record. :blahblah:

If ya'll folks would just buy a steel J-frame you wouldn't be having these issues!! I never have seen a need for a gun made out of unobtainium, cause two more ounces was to heavy. It was never meant to be comfortable, but comforting!!!!!!

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If ya'll folks would just buy a steel J-frame you wouldn't be having these issues!! I never have seen a need for a gun made out of unobtainium, cause two more ounces was to heavy. It was never meant to be comfortable, but comforting!!!!!!

What is a steal j-frame going to help if its only 2 ounces heavier?

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well its a little more than two, more like five or six depending on model, and those five or six ounces do help, at least with .38spl, .357mag J's are something that never should be.

Nothing wrong with being able to practice with 38's and carry 357's. With a 38 thats all you get.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with being able to practice with 38's and carry 357's. With a 38 thats all you get.

38 +P is more than enough - I shot exactly 10rds of .357 through my 340CT and now I have a box of 40rds of .357 on my shelf that will probably sit there forever.

To me, the .357 wasn't worth it and I honestly wish I had spent my money on a steel-framed no-lock model instead of the one I got. My 642 is good, but I'd rather have the weight of that steel frame for recoil management over having a super-lightweight gun to carry (seeing as I rarely ankle carry anymore).

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
used to think the same thing... but those few oz makes all the difference between a comfortable... forget about it all day carry vs bothersome after a few hours carry.

then again how much body mass..... there are those who can comfortably hide a full size 1911... not me.

after paying the outrageous going price for my 337PD w/CT.... it was such a joy to carry, I'd do it again. so I did by buying a 340PD, which is my CCW.

I get the choice of carrying +P or .357 with 340PD and no chance of snagging.
340PD is such a featherweight... I'll actually forget it's there all day.