j frame speedloaders?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my experience, the mighty J frame is best fed with a Bianchi Speed Strip instead of a speedloader. THe tolerances are just too tight.

Alright GED, can you explain this? I've heard this many times (even a few in this thread), but never experienced it - unless I'm just missing what you guys mean.

Also, how do you load with speed-strips in a quick manner? This has always frustrated me all to hell as I'd love to have some of those fancy speed-strips and the leather wallet that I see you and others touting (they do look nice - and much easier to carry than my HK speed loaders in an iPod sock).

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Alright GED, can you explain this? I've heard this many times (even a few in this thread), but never experienced it - unless I'm just missing what you guys mean.

Also, how do you load with speed-strips in a quick manner? This has always frustrated me all to hell as I'd love to have some of those fancy speed-strips and the leather wallet that I see you and others touting (they do look nice - and much easier to carry than my HK speed loaders in an iPod sock).

I load mine with the first two slots loaded, skip one, load the remaining three. The empty space where the 6th cartridge would go, gives me a little leverage when loading the first two rounds. Then, I have the first half of the strip as well as it's little tail to help grip it with. You just insert the cartridges into the charge holes two at a time and pry 'em off.

Like this...

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3585_3522921567_89079d7080_o.jpg

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I load mine with the first two slots loaded, skip one, load the remaining three. The empty space where the 6th cartridge would go, gives me a little leverage when loading the first two rounds. Then, I have the first half of the strip as well as it's little tail to help grip it with. You just insert the cartridges into the charge holes two at a time and pry 'em off.

Like this...

afarm4.static.flickr.com_3585_3522921567_89079d7080_o.jpg

I guess I need a video. :drunk5:

MB1008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The HKS speedloaders work very well with my S&W model 36. However, to get them to work, I had to shave the back outside corner off with a razor because the cylinder release was was keeping me from getting a quick smooth reload. Just make sure you you don't take too much off. Bass pro and Sportsworld have them. I think its the HKS 36A.

They work perfectly after the shave.

Latest posts

Top Bottom